Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So how was everyone's Memorial Weekend?

So how was everyone's Memorial Weekend?  Did anyone travel or stay put because of the gas prices? This was the first time in a long while that I didn't travel. Because of the fuel cost I stayed close to home but my weekend in spite of that turned out fab.
On Saturday went to my sister Candi's, she invited the family over. Did some gardening for her then we watched slides. C'mon you remember slides don't you? My brother asked if I could bring the projector over so we could go through the boxes and boxes of slides Dad took. (Now you know where I got the passion for picture taking from) With Grandma's recent passing my brother wanted to see photos of her. What a fun time down memory lane laughing at our styles we thought were hip back them. I had to laugh at my baby pictures I was all eyes back then. Well that and a big head.
Sunday I went to Cara's party with Dov. Cara is my friend you have been praying for concerning her thyroid cancer. Well she is doing just fine. She had a nice spread of food, a meat table and one set up for vegans. Hope I spelled it right. Her house she bought a few months ago is wonderful. It was built in 1927. It has so much character with a nice yard.
And on Memorial day I had a party in my backyard. About 18 showed up. Rich supplied enough hot dogs for everyone. He brought his Dad along who is such an interesting person. I really enjoyed my conversations with him.
My wacko neighbor took the winds out of our sails temporarily when she yelled, I mean yelled, loud enough to make 18 people shut up at once. She was screaming are you throwing bones into my yard again? And then bang, she threw a steak bone at my garage. What's funny and I told her calmly, All of us ate hot dogs, I don't think hot dogs have bones. She answered Well we don't eat ribs.
Friends let me tell you, I know rib bones and this was no rib bone, it was a steak bone. Where it came from? Who knows? Maybe she turned vegetarian and her husband snuck out for a steak. Worse yet maybe someone's buried in her yard and her dog dug up the body. All I know it wasn't and hasn't been me.
Oh well I guess you could say I have a bone to pick with her but I'll let her be. Poor lady maybe I am keeping her up to late and she's not getting enough sleep. But she did make another memory for Memorial Day.
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: