Wednesday, July 2, 2014

weekend part 2

Sunday I took out my little plastic fantastic car. My plans were to take ride to anywhere for a cookout. So I decided on Rt.2 to Rt.45 to find a park. But first we stopped at the antique co-op to check on things. All was fine there but over head things looked a bit bleak. Called mom to ask her if there were any warnings blaring on the TV? She said none. Five minutes later she calls back and said wow is it raining now. I was heading east and watching behind me as the storm was trying to play catch up. I didn't want dark clouds to put a damper on things so we stopped at IGA for dinner anyway. I grabbed pork riblets and a tough cut of beef, who can afford a good cut steak anymore? I know I can't like I use to. Fuel was running low so I stopped at a gas station in Ashtabula during a dazzling display of thunder and lightening. A tanker was dispensing gasoline and he shouted to me can you believe those dimwits, I was in Cleveland where I could of filled up but they told me to drive all the way out to Weirton, WV to pick up my load, they are crazy. I said well I don't think either one of us should be around these gas tanks with all this lightening. He yelled back don't worry, if it goes BOOM you nor I will remember it. He had the most terrific accent. I found out he was born in Dublin but when a baby his parents moved here. He was so friendly I gave him my card which just happened to be the only card I had and that was the Constitution Party card. He looked at the card in the rain and said I am all about freedom, I attended rallies in Painesville to stop the illegals – It's not to late to lock the gate! He told a quick political joke, I shook his hand then it was off to try and find a dry spot to cook. I stayed on 45 until I saw Rock Creek. Driving through it I spotted the Rock Creek Rotary Park Sign. It is a very small park with one small shelter, 2 picnic tables and one grill. The highlight though is the creek and falls, just beautiful. We stopped at one more grocery store for some last minute items then the dumpster at Dollar General for some cardboard to start the fire. I am glad I grabbed a large piece as it came in handy. We turned around, headed back to the park and had it to ourselves well at lest for a bit we did. One more photo of a car at the Garrettsville Festival

No comments: