Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meet my new international friends

Hey Gang,
Meet my new international friends.
I have been logging into different Yahoo chat rooms lately. Either the political or Christian rooms. I have met some very friendly and interesting individuals.
There is Nancy from Africa, she is 25 and a student. We keep missing each other so haven't talked to much with her. I am curious to know more about her country.
Then there is Ruth. Not Ruth from the Philippines but Ruth from the Philippines! HUH? Oh.... I know its confusing. Ruth is not the same Ruth I have been talking to since January 2008. This Ruth is 59, married for 37 years and has 6 children aged.. 35, 34, 31, 25, 20 and 17.. and 3 grand kids. Her youngest daughter, 20, just graduated from college. Ruth is protestant.. presbyterian and active with the church choir. She trained the choir and plays the piano. When I meet someone in a chat room I usually tell them to look at my website to get a glimpse of who I am instead of answering all kinds of questions. Ruth was hesitant thinking it may be a hoax. In the past she was a victim of fraud. A Nigerian hacked into her email. I can relate, if you remember about 2 years ago someone from Nigeria did the same to me. But in the end, Ruth did look at the website. And I think she is glad she did, right Ruth?
And Ruth did ask why don't I write something about my new friend from the Philippines? Well Ruth, I just have.
Then a few months back I met Gandhi from India. He is a pastor and has a church. Please take a look at his webpage. He has an interesting story to tell. Its http://www.gpoministries.org/about-us.html. Gandhi, when time allows we need to get caught
up.
And finally there is Kuriako from India who just BAM popped up and eliminated the formalities and talked to me as if I knew him. He posted his story on the GoGo Board. I really suggest you read it. It makes one think, hummina hummina!! What a story.

Talking to people over seas and in different nations puts a different perspective on things I was surprised how many in India and the Philippines are Christians. Both countries though do have their issues and problems with unruly and disruptive Muslims. And as over here, but maybe worse is financial problems which seem to be global.
Thats all for now. If you like to say hi to any one of them, leave a message on the GoGo Board. Go to www.gogobus.cc and click on POST A MESSAGE, from there go to the POST A MESSAGE GOGO HERE link.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: