Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My profound thought for the day

So there I was at a customers house being asked to sweep out his basement and move boxes. I stood there for a second and reflected on what I was asked to do. It seemed so foolish and yet we all do this. Move boxes or items from one space to another only for a few years lately to reverse the procedure and put them back in their original spot.
He had boxes on one side of the basement and wanted them moved to the other side. Why? I don't know. No explanation other than, move these boxes and put them on the other side. He was paying so no questions asked I complied.
As we were moving these boxes and straightening out the storage shelves, where he decided to put some of them, was useless broken items. Why did he save this stuff? Who knows. But we all do the same. How many of us have at one time or another put a broken object or useless piece of junk away only to find it years later and ask ourselves, now why did I save this? It was useless back then and even more so now.
In the basement of a customers house, sweeping and restacking. He was telling me what to save and where to put it. I was thinking why? This stuff is useless. But I am sure, if he would come to my place to clean he would say the same, why are you saving this?
Box after box, shuffling some around, throwing others out just to make room for more boxes. Storing them away only for years later to ask - WHY did I save this but why, its junk. Thats life.
Isn't this also like our inner being? How many of us are carrying around useless boxes of emotions, hurts, impossible dreams? We clog up our mind and feelings with junk? Shuffling them back and forth. Well I won't think of that anymore, I will just ignore it, so you store it away and don't deal with it. Years later it appears when you are dealing with a new situation but your mind can't handle anymore. So you get weighted down. If we would only get rid of these boxes. We don't need to save them, we don't need to peak every so often and restore them. We need to clean up the clutter. Just toss the boxes out.

1 comment:

Carey K. Masci said...

Thank you Jennifer for your comment, I just noticed it.
Feedback is always important and needed. It helps guide my writing. Hope you stop back often.
Thanks again!
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey
www.gogobus.cc