Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mansfield Opening Scene






Hey Gang,
After a wonderful stroll through the grounds of Kingwood enjoying Gods beauty and then a delightful supper in Block House park reminiscing we made our way to the Mansfield Reformatory. We got directions that were a bit wrong so asked someone else. I also asked this other person is there a store before the prison. He said look for Longview Ave.. We continued on our way and BAM! there was the reformatory. It was just an awesome eery sight. It sits alone and is so HUGE and GOTHIC looking it sent chills up us. We couldn't believe that we were going to tour it and in the dark. What made it even spookier is that it's right next to the new prison. I didn't know this at the time but I took a photo of the new penitentiary. Later on our guide told us it is a state law you CAN NOT TAKE ANY PHOTOS OF THE NEW PRISON, they will fine you and confiscate your camera - WHOOPS to late!
We got to the reformatory a bit to early so continued our search for Longview Ave and a store. We drove a few miles and realized this was heading us way out of Mansfield so turned around. We ended up back where we asked for directions and the name of that short street was - Longview Ave.. That screwball toyed with us. We eventually found a store. On the way back we were running late so asked for directions instead of possibly getting lost. This lady we asked was so polite and helpful she said follow me and took us right to the Mansfield Reformatory drive and then gave us directions how to head home. Thanks again lady whoever you are.
The crowd for this event was about 45. Some were giggling as we were anticipating what lys beyond the huge doors. Others had all kinds of equipment. Some in black, some dressed in military boots and pants. We had to sign a waiver. I took my turn and of course being as serious as I am read CONDITIONS: I wrote, warm and slightly humid, SELF CONDITIONS: I wrote again warm and slightly humid. The lady looked at me as if I was whacked. Well she didn't explain what they meant by conditions.
Now this is the honest truth, I don't fabricate things or lie plus there was my sister, Jeff and the crowd to verify this.
We lined up for the presentation given by Sherry the Ghost Hunter and just as she said OK everyone gather around, a bat flew out of the entrance to the place and disappeared! YES! My sister kept asking I want to know where the bat went? I'm telling you a better opening script couldn't of been written. WHERE DID THAT BAT GO????
To be continued....
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: