Wednesday, July 20, 2011

bus has rot and rally and my foot

Hey Gang,
With all the changes going on in our crazy country and world there is still one thing that makes people smile. The GoGo Bus. OK OK maybe it's a bit of a conceited and an over the top statement but heck it sure seems that way.

The poor GoGo Bus is now in surgery to repair some dreaded rot. It was such a hard decision to whether I should repair it, just drive it as is and let time take



its toll or try selling the ole girl. Lets face it, the days of reasonably priced let alone cheap gas days are over. At these prices and the rate of the hyper inflation for everything else it was a tough financial decision to make. But after I got the Bus started and drove it around and the thumbs up and shouts of what is that thing - WOW, I decided to whip it into shape one more time.

I was just at the top of my street getting gas when a man came over and said when you are done can you pull over to the bar parking lot, me and my friend never saw one of these and want to take a look. I said sure. I finished pumping and drove across the street. Waiting for me were three people. They were Maureen and Mike. I asked who is the other gentleman? OH I am not with them, I am the beer distributor but had to take a look. And so it goes.... After owning the GoGo Bus since 1997 it never gets old when people see it for the first time. It makes me feel good and its always an opportunity to make new friends. As I say I am never alone when I drive the Bus.

I am excited for the week of august third to attend a vintage camp out. I haven't been to one of these since 2001. That rally was for the club Lost Highways. I wrote the club numerous times with no reply, no sure if the owner was still upset at me or if they disbanded. Why would he be upset? I met the owner at the Carlisle Chrysler show in 2001 when I won Best of Show. He invited me to his rally up in St. Ignace, Michigan held at Tiki campground. I drive all that way and he asked for club dues. I said HUH, first rally, you didn't tell me about dues and that's no way to spring it on someone. I think that's why he avoided me after that.

Anyway... it was still a blast at that rally. Most people had their rigs set up for the year their RV was built. They were like traveling museums. Fun time. I just hope my Bus is done in time for the Jimco Rally. Here is the info:


NE Ohio Classic RV Rally aka Jimco Jamboree
August 3 - 9
Thompson,Ohio 44086
Hosts Lydia and Jimco
Free
Many 15 and 30 Amp campsites 6 with water.
Located at my 30 acre tree farm.
Fishing. Swimming.
Pets welcome.
Meet other members.Have some fun!
Saturday night share a dish buffet dinner and large bonfire.
Wow! A chance to enjoy a wonderful vintage rally on our member, Jimcos family farm. Does it get any better??!! Gotta go to this one folks!! Pat.


So I have my work cut out for me to get the Bus ready, can I do it? I think so.

One more fun road story for you. Anyone who has driven with me knows that I am a VERY relaxed and good driver. It just comes naturally, set my coffee on a little box between the seats, turn the key, cross my legs and go. And I never use a travel mug, only coffee cups, that's what you use to drink from. Not those plastic mugs with child like sipping covers,YUCK! I also like to drive with my one foot up on the side view mirror. Hey its comfortable.

So there I was on Rt 90 heading home driving with my foot out the window when two giggling laughing ladies pass me. They slow downed when they got close to me and then sped off. I gave them the peace sign. Then they slowed down and I passed them. They caught up to me and did some hand signals and showed me their cam. They wanted to take my picture. I nodded yes go ahead its no big deal. I just thought it was funny. Doesn't everyone drive with one foot out the window in a Chevy Astro? Guess not.


Gotta GoGo!!
Carey
www.gogobus.cc

No comments: