Monday, December 15, 2014

The Go Go Bus Gets Dyno'd


Hey Gang,
I wanted to post this way back in the spring just now doing it. Always way to many irons in the fire.

Anyway... I had the carb rebuilt again on my '69 Xplorer A, better known as the Go-Go Bus.

The shop that did it asked if I wanted the Bus dyno'd to really find out how the thing is tuned. He was amazed by the results and I was like wow.

Before I tell you the results I was a bit upset because I believe the final numbers may be off. When he typed the weight of the vehicle on the machine he put 4,000 but the Go Go Bus weighs a tad over 4,800 pounds.

Here is the result: maximum power 108.2 @ 2093 RPM  / 33.9 MPH   -  WCF 112.4

                          maximum torque  288.2 @ 1575 RPM / 25.6 MPH    - WCF 298.9

Not bad for a lil slant six. Does anyone know if the lower weight he dialed in would affect the numbers in either direction?
Gotta GoGo,
Carey

No comments: