Friday, August 3, 2018

Catching Up While I have Down Time

Hey Gang,
Sitting here at the Jimco Vintage Rally in nearby Thompson, Ohio. What a great group of people and so relaxing. Just what I needed.

I remember Trump during his campaign kept saying you are going to be so sick of winning you're going to say stop, we can't take no more or something like that. Well in a way that's how I feel. I have been going full tilt since late winter and just needed a break from working. But please Trump, don't stop now, keep the gravy train on rolling.

Anyway lots to write about. But in typical Carey fashion I need to rewind to sometime in April. I am at this house I am rehabbing for a friend. I pull in the drive and a car quickly pulls in behind me. A tall well built male jumps out it. Before I can get out he asks do you live here, own this house? I asked are you with the Feds or police? He laughs and says no I noticed this house was empty and I am looking to rent. I invite him and his lady in to look around, next thing I know he sends his wife home and stays to help me paint. Just like that we are painting and talking about everything you are not suppose to talk about, politics, religion, Obama, Trump. By the way he is black. When done he says keep me informed I want to rent the house. No pay asked for, nothing just a handshake, he leaves. God can send angels so I guess why not painters. End of story.

Yesterday, Thursday, I had some disagreements with the person who just signed the lease for the previously mentioned house above. I thought they were going to ask out before even moving in so that unraveled me. Then I receive a text that my tenant next door to the house I just rehabbed may want out of his lease. Nice way to start a day.

So I run over to the rehab house and make straight some concerns. As I am leaving Joe, the man who helped paint drops by and says what happened, did you rent the house? I said yes, I could not reach you in fact I saved the text that was sent back in June. He didn't understand what happened but he said I see the text well I still like you and consider you a friend. He was about to leave and I said wait a minute, read this text from my tenant. Joe did and with that he said if your tenant moves I am grabbing it.

Just like that my day started horrible and turned around. Stay tuned to the conclusion if if my tenant leaves and Joe moves in.

After that I went to Josh's Meats on the corner of Lakeshore Blvd and E 200 in Euclid. Since my new diet I wanted to stock up on meats. Um diet? Yeah ask me sometime. I joked around with Josh the owner when I saw his ground meat almost in the shape of donuts. I asked is that a meat donut? He laughed and said no it came out of the grinder like that. I ignored it and asked again more seriously, now do you powder it and fry it like a regular donut.. He then caught on and asked if I was a comedian. I said no but people say I make them laugh. Seeing an opening I said let me grab something to show you while you get my meats together.

I ran to my van grabbed a book and showed it to him. Josh said OK we are at $23 what about a book and 13 for the meat? So tip number 63 on how to sell a book. Go to your local butcher and while he cuts up your meat you act like a cutup.

So now the day is really going swell. With that energy I pack up the Go-Go Bus which only took me 4 hours. 4 hours?! Yes, I cannot leave on a trip with dirty dishes, an unmade bed, clothes in the hamper. Oh but this is not at home this is the rolling Purple People Greeter. Nothing worse then driving around with dirty dishes. Never know when someone wants to look in.

And now I am at the Jimco Rally. What is funny I live the closest to this event and I am always running late. I didn't arrive until almost 3 am and sure enough just like Tom Bodett at Motel 6 there was Jim with the lights on waiting for me. What hospitality, love these people!

Today Friday I tried to pretend I didn't know the area. I took a couple, Denny and Susie, from Florida and Pennsylvania to Middlefield and Mespo. Things sure have changed in Amishville, Hello Kitty is as popular as hello horsey. None of use were impressed,

Well I best get some sleep. I am excited in the morning I am going with a small group to Fairport Harbor to see a lighthouse and then Painesville, I heard there are out of town Mexicans there. Maybe I can get a photo of one. Build that taco, I mean build that wall!

Its fun being a tourist in your own hometown. You can act stupid and say hey I am not from around here.

Gotta Go-Go!
Carey


No comments: