Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feedback about the GoGo Bus Rides Again and Shirl's Creations




Hey Gang,
Thats what I miss - feedback. OH sure I still get some but not enough like I use to. BUT I did receive a response from Rowe out in California to "The GoGo Bus Rides Again" story. It made me feel so good that he shared with me his experience, it really means a lot. I have been going to Geneva on the Lake since I was a little kid and Rowe's writing paints another picture of what it was like many years ago. I can only imagine that he met my friend Loril who died back in 2006 at the age of 97. Loril owned the corner store on the strip since 1935. So chances are Rowe and his family must of went in it, if anything at least to browse. Someone bought Loril's store. It was weird stepping in it without him there. It is now opened as an antique shop and yes some of Loril's old stock is for sale. I bought two pairs of new old stock sunglasses from the 60's. I am sending along a photo of me and Loril, you might remember seeing it as I sent it out before.
Well read what Rowe wrote:

"Boy, that brought back memories !!! I spent a week there with my mom, dad, sister and aunt and uncle. We rented a cabin for a week back in 1944. I was 10 years old and I remember how much fun it was to get up early in the morning and get in the row boat and row around the lake. Ah, what a care free time that was. We were starting to win the war and everything seemed wonderful. My dad worked for a Co. in Bedford called Jack and Heinz as a machinist. You may have heard of that Co. My uncle had TB and was not able to go to war and he was finally sent to a TB ward for a year where they were able to "fix" him. He lived a very healthy life after that and died a couple years ago at the age of 93. He lived in Willoughby, Oh.
Rowe"

Thanks again Rowe that was very enjoyable. Also in that same email "The GoGo Bus Rides Again" I told you I ran into two old friends well today I bumped into Bills brother Jamie. Thats how I met Bill. I was friends with Jamie first. I haven't seen him either in about 2 years. Thats kind of neat. And lastly I present to you Shirls Creations made by Shirl in Ky. I am posting a couple of photos of the crafts she makes. I think these are incredible. She is one talented woman as she also draws and paints. Leave comments if you like about Shirl's creations or ask how she makes them. She may just tell you.

Thats all, Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: