Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last week part 1 - my apology to Marlene

Hey Gang,
What a week it was last week! First I need to apologize to Marlene at Stitch & Screen. I was suppose to clean for her on Thursday and wasn't able to make it. Unless I am deathly sick as I was in late March of this year or there is some unfortunate circumstance that pops up I never skip or cancel a scheduled job. So again I want to make sure you know Marlene I sincerely apologize for not showing to get your house ready for your party, after reading this you'll understand. While I'm talking about Marlene, check out her website at www.stitchnscreen.com. She makes all the GoGo merchandise and the shirts for my cleaning business. Quality work!!!!! I've known Marlene and her family since about '96 so order with confidence, her work is A1!
So why was I running around like a nut last week? It was planned four months prior Walt's vacation and that he wanted me to watch and take care of his place, also planned for months was Millard's visit which I had to drive down to Ky to pick him up on Friday. Then about 2 weeks ago I scheduled Marlene's and of course my regular weekly accounts needed to be done. What wasn't scheduled is my tenant moving out, he was nice enough to leave the gas and electricity on for 10 days so I could clean the place HAD to take advantage of that, my timing belt needed to be replaced before the long trip to Ky and my cat dieing. To make matters even more hectic, besides help with the timing belt, I was running solo all last week.
The timing belt on the Lil Daewoo took way longer than we thought, a day and half longer. Not much info on the car and parts are almost as easy to get as parts for an Edsel. But the car is worth it. 34 MPG worth it. Before I never got over 32 mpg. With the new belt that Dennis installed correctly I got a little over 34. The previous owner had the belt a tooth off on the crank this made a huge difference.
Last week was also a reunion week. Dennis whom who I haven't seen in close to three years came over to work on the Daewoo. I contacted him about two weeks ago and asked where ya been and do you still work on cars? Dennis is the one that invited me to Vegas with him to see the Academy of Country Music Awards show in '04. What a memorable trip. He ended up staying for two days until he finished the job on the Daewoo and since he was on a roll he fixed my lawn mower. It was kind of funny. After he left we were horrified. His vehicle left a huge oil slick in Walt's drive. We thought he would never make it back to Cory, Pa. He emailed when he got home and said he stopped over Rich's and picked up a deep fryer he left there when he lived in town. The fryer tipped over and oil leaked out of his car door onto the drive. A cooking oil slick we can live with, wouldn't want the EPA to declare Walt's house a brown spot.
The other reunion was with.......

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey
www.gogobus.cc

No comments: