Monday, August 18, 2008

My week part 5 and the weekends of August 9Th & the 16Th

Hey Gang,
This is part 5 of my week that happened way back in July to August first which seems so long ago and anticlimactic that I will cut it short. And also since then, other fun and important things have taken place. But what the heck I will just roll in the closing of this story right along with the weekends of August 9Th and the 16Th.
See, I was going to write about my whole experience at the Verizon store, which I still may but in another email. That was one crazy experience and part of the hectic week but will wait on that. What I will include though for you to read is the cute letter Little Jimmy, Walt's son, left me when I stayed in his room to watch their house. It reads: "Carey here is the info you need to use my room. The stuffed animals are on my trunk feel free to use them. The alarm clock is past the dresser the instruction booklet is behind it. Only change the alarm time, you can use the alarm I will put it back. If you make a mess clean it." Well... I thought it was cute.
So anyways before leaving to pick up Millard that Friday, which I was suppose to be there by 2 pm but didn't arrive until 3 am Saturday, Jeff had arranged for me to pick up the cell phone he got me. What a friend you are Jeff, can't say thank you enough. He planned it perfectly so I would have the cell in time for the ride to Kentucky. And yes I needed it. Not only because I got lost but I have to admit, talking to Lisa from Erie made a stretch of road fly by.
The getting lost part was this, in March coming home from Kentucky I took a shortcut home. It was a new route that just opened. Heading there this time I tried remembering it in reverse which is hard enough but what made it even more difficult was I forgot my map and it was dark. I mean dark, REAL DARK, and in the middle of no where, nothing but trees and mountains. So I pulled off the road and called Jeff M. who is a trucker and asked where ya at? In Georgia. Good pull out your at atlas and HELP. I found out I was really close to where I wanted to be so no big deal. Yeah I know this new phone has GPS which Jeff wanted me to have but hey give me a break one modern gadget at a time. This year is the cell phone, next year maybe I will learn how to use more than the call feature. Besides with a cell phone all I need to do is call Jeff and scream help.
I better stop now because you guys yell when I write to much in one sitting so next email it will be about August 9Th and 16TH weekends.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: