Thursday, December 17, 2009

good news, encouraging words and a prayer request

Hey Gang,
Some good news here. Last week I got a bit of a surprise.
I was behind on my taxes for the last half of the year 2008. I just did not have the money. The IRS kept sending me notices with interest and a fine being added to the amount owed. There was nothing I could do, there were NO extra funds available. I managed to save up $340.00 of the $595 I owed the last few months and was going to mail that in but I decided to wait until I had the full amount saved.
Well last week I received a certified letter from the IRS demanding that I contact them before further actions are taken. So I called them to make arrangements. I asked the agent is there anyway to get this reduced? He said let me take a look, give me a few minutes. He returned and said "Because of your excellent credit, past history of timely payments and never missing one, we will reduce it to $332.95." He was probably shocked as I am sure not many IRS agents get thanked but boy did I thank him and wish him a merry Christmas. I immediately mailed in the $340.00 I saved.
Things are starting to change for the better. I have 2 great tenants now, business has slightly picked up even though this month its down again and I only have 2 more outstanding debts left from my nephew. If Euclid will allow me to run my own affairs without interfering I will survive this mess.
I thank all of you for your prayers, encouragement, and those who pitched in financially to right my ship and a special thank you to Walt.

Encouraging Words
During this recession/depression one scripture I keep in mind is Proverbs 10:3
(NIV):The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.

I was discussing this scripture with a friend who's business is also sluggish and income is lacking. I said God never promised us a Cadillac but he did say we wouldn't go hungry.


Sign of the times
I received a Christmas card from Ed in West Virginia. He usually writes a long message not this year. All Ed wrote was:
Hi Carey, Merry Christmas - I'm OK & still working.
Just a sign of the times.


A prayer request from Shirl in Kentucky
Carey, will you send out a prayer request for my daughter Patty ... she is having financial problems and needs to find work ...
Thanks Pal
Shirl
I just did Shirl. Share this with Patty it may encourage her.

Gotta GoGo
Carey

No comments: