Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Its so quiet!

Hey Gang,

Wow is it quiet, where is everyone? People are always popping in on me. Especially during the Christmas season I usually hear from old friends and acquaintances. But lately no one, not even emails, well a few of you are still emailing. I got a card from Ed in WV, Lisa in Erie, and Connie from NC who said she is not online much anymore and recently bought a house. But I wonder what happened to the rest, like Mark in Indiana, Brenda from NC, Margaret, Michelle from the Philippines, Lisa in Alabama to name a few.
Maybe my rants and mood swings got to everyone, maybe its the economy and the direction our country has taken that has everyone stressed, maybe everyone is taking a break or people have just moved on. Maybe I should take this quiet and just blog and have people follow me over there. Who knows.
You have heard me say this before, its hard to write when little comes across my screen, that and I have been staying home a whole lot more.
Anyways......

I ran into Walt and his youngest daughter Danny at the mall the other day. Danny reminded me that this year don't use regular socks, use socks like Santa brings. Every year I like to bring Walt's kids a gift and a Christmas stocking filled with little trinkets and candy. Last year instead of the typical fuzzy red Christmas stocking I bought regular mens socks. Hey its not the socks - its what's in the socks that count.

One person I have heard from is Tri from Indonesia. She IM'd the other day. Haven't heard from her in some time. She is quite an inspiration. How many of you would do this for a sister? Tri's dad passed away years ago and her Mother took off and left Tri and her sister alone. Tri raised her sister. This year the sister will being going to college and Tri said she will have to find another job to help pay for the schooling and even though she is feeling down she needs to remain strong for her sister.
So would you do that for a sibling, especially one of age?

I want so bad to scream and kick everyone who is in charge of this country, past and present. Ruth and I had planned months ago and worked diligently for her to come here for a Christmas visit. I changed my schedule, saved up money to help with her airfare, planned with my sister so Ruth could stay there. Ruth and I were on the computer for HOURS researching on what to do. I stayed up way past my bedtime, not getting to bed till 7 am. Ruth paid the passport fee, got a security check, paid for the visa, scheduled her appointment with the US embassy. Ruth lives in the southern part of the Philippines and had to fly north to Manilla for the meeting. She arrived in Manilla a day early to make sure she wouldn't miss the appointment, arrived at the US Embassy on time at 8 am, waited four hours in line for a one minute interview just for them to tell her she is denied. I am so fuming mad!
Walt reminded me of a video clip I sent out of Lou Dobbs. The clip was about Lou's anger towards amnesty and rights for illegals. He said if you are trying to get to this country legally, get to the back of the line suckers! And thats exactly how I feel. There is NO reason for someone as Ruth to be denied. Her dad was a minister, NO record of any kind, she has worked at the same school since 1994 and has been that schools principal since 2005. Its twisted.

I will close with....
This time of year there are many of us alone and feeling the emptiness of the season. So if you know of someone alone, an elderly person, someone disabled, our troops over seas or even if its a long forgotten friend, get in touch with that person. It will do a world of good for your soul as well as the other person.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

I sent this same request out last year. If you have a Christmas memory you would like to share please email and I will include it in the next writing.

No comments: