Thursday, July 11, 2013

My fourth went off with a BOOM Crash BANG! - late but its here now

Hey Gang,
How did everyone's 4th go?

I had a nice small gathering with the folks, Jeff and his Mom, Malinda and Dov.  Plenty of conversation and of course food.  Then we headed to Colby Park in Wickliffe. 


I tried to convince Malinda and Jeff to take my car only as its usually bedlam getting into and out of Colby.  But they insisted they drive so we took 3 cars.  Jeff found his own way and got a nice spot to see the fireworks.  Malinda followed me to the Baptist church near the park where I always park.  I was very surprised we found 2 spots left open to park.

Whats a bigger blessing than that?  They had police tape strung up to keep people back a safe distance from the fireworks.  All the good spots were filled, the park was mobbed.  We kept walking and I wish I would of taken a photo to show you.  There in the front row, right in front of where they blow off fireworks was a spot open with no one sitting there.  We threw down our sheet, Malinda set up her chair and we had thee BEST view.  We were blessed.

We were so close we felt the fireworks in our chest.  Amazing.





Pulling out it was madness.  So we kicked back until it thinned enough to ease out.  While waiting someone blew their horn and a bunch of cars joined in including me and Malinda.  It sounded like a rendition of Dueling Banjos car horn style.  What fun!

As we were exiting a couple of policeman zoomed out we thought it was for traffic control it wasn't.

We approached my street and there was the strangest site.  I saw a car parked crooked and facing the wrong way in the middle of my street.  I said jokingly to Dov hey that's your car.  He yelled IT IS!  I zipped into my driveway and we rushed out.  All of us were so confused.  Firetrucks, police cars, everyone out and there's Dovs car. We found out a drunk driver smashed into his car, ran across 4 lawns before wiping out a porch.

How did this man perform this feat is beyond us. How fast was he going and how did he spin Dovs car around?

A mystery for sure.

First 2 are of me n Ruth enjoying the fireworks.  Heres the link to the news story.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22764392/driver-looses-control-of-car-stops-just-before-hitting-a-house



    Gotta GoGo!!
       Carey
www.gogobus.cc

No comments: