Friday, October 16, 2015

That's Weird or is it?

Hey Gang,
I was driving on Noble Road in Cleveland heading to a job. A large black trash bag was blowing around in the middle of the road. As I was about to pass the bag, it went under my van and stayed there.

I arrived at my destination, peaked under the van and there was the bag wrapped around the front suspension. I decided to get it out later and proceeded to pull weeds and do yard clean up when Ruth said maybe the bag came along because it knew you would need it. I just about filled the bag I brought along with weeds and junk when a gust of wind blew. Out from under the van the bag was dislodged and landed right where I was working.

A thick large black yard bag, perfect. Now that's weird.

OK maybe that's not to weird to you but what about this story.
My friend Joe contacted me to see if I could assist his cripple friend in Akron to get to a funeral in Indiana. I spoke with him and exchanged Facebook links and I gave him the link to my book. After looking at the book he said well maybe you can write about our trip to Indiana and I can receive royalties. I replied I am ahead of you, I already wrote something but I am not so sure about the royalties though.

With that intro I bring you this.
As instructed by Joe I called the gentleman who needed a ride to his fathers funeral. We introduced ourselves I didn't understand his last name. He said Durham. I asked how do you spell it? He replied as in Durham, North Carolina. How do you spell that I am not familiar with Durham, North Carolina. He spelled out Durham slowly. I was at my rental when this phone conversation took place.

After we hung up I proceeded to clean and sitting on the stereo wall unit was a baseball card. The name of the player on the card was... just look at the photo and tell me if you agree that that's weird or maybe really weird.

Gotta Go-Go!
Carey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wild since both my grandfather and father are named Ray.

Unknown said...

Wild since both my grandfather and father are named Ray.