Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bring on 2016 I am Ready

Hey Gang
I had to drag myself to write about 2015 and that's exactly how I feel – drag myself. I am sure to some of you of 2015 was a good or maybe even a great year but not to me, it was a year that was made to forget.

2015 should have been a fun year with the release of my book “Hey Gang! Ready to Go-Go?”. I had plenty of car shows and book signings set up to promote and sell my book but most never materialized. Besides a few that I did attend like the Willoughby Cruise In and the cruise in in Greenville, Pennsylvania that were fairly successful not much happened. I did however get the book placed on shelves in quite a few stores which is a positive. The other positive is I have a space at Antiques & Uniques in Wickliffe selling miscellaneous antiques, collectibles and what nots.

The Cleveland Browns like year started downhill in July and was so stressful I call this past summer the nonexistent summer. In fact I tried my best to recall what was before July and without going back to my blog or writings I can't remember much. I am sure if I tried real hard I can bring back to memory some of the events of the first 6 months of 2015 but they won't come easy.

July started off great at the Greensville, Pa car show for the 4th weekend. We ended up in Tionesta after the show where things quickly spiraled downward. We were stuck for two days because the Go-Go Bus broke down. Whats worse than being stuck in a small town? Being stuck in a small town with a friend who is having a nervous break down from being stuck in a small town. Eventually I had to have the Bus towed to Painesville, Ohio at a garage I knew and from there things sunk even further.

Its a LONG LONG story which I won't write about here but for reasons still unknown the garage dragged the Bus off their lot and dumped into the weeds. A police report was made, the Bus was towed out of the field at 11 pm and brought to another garage. Three months of hard working trying everything to get it running resulted in me just about rewiring the whole thing when finally the culprit was realized... Advance Auto in Tittusville, Pa sold me the wrong regulator.

I did squeeze in two trips, both were invites from friends. I did a quick three day trip to Oshkosh, Wisonson with Ruth that Walt and Jimmy invited us on. It was fun but rush, rush and rush. The other trip was also a hurry up trip and one not really for pleasure. That was the trip to Morehead, Kentucky for the Kim Davis rally. And I believe that was all the traveling I did.

Mid July was when the nightmare began with finding my tenant dead in the house. What a tragic affair that was. It consumed a lot of my summer. Then sometime in August a close friend tried committing suicide. I took his son under my wing which I was more than happy to do so.

October saw the disbanding of the Constitution Party in Ohio which I was involved with. The framework is still up but lack of growth has made us take a step back and cancel the fall convention.

After months and months the new Go-Go Bus website was released with a hitch. The server I paid in advance for some reason doesn't support the website. Don't ask me, I was explained why numerous times and it still doesn't make sense. So I have thousands of dollars in a website, don't laugh, that can only be viewed with the test link.

Early November after helping the daughter of the tenant who died remove her belongings she tried suicide and ended up in a hospital. Some of her stuff is still in the garage.

Then right after Thanksgiving Dad passed on which needless to say has put a damper on my mood this holiday season. Days after Dad passed away family friend Joe, his Mom died. And just recently I got word from another close family friend that his wife took their kids and left him with no note or warning, just left.

A memorable time sandwiched between those sad situations was the Christmas surprise set up for Mary. Besides helping her that was really fun and put some joy into this season.

So for those who were there for me through all these trying situations let me say thank you again. And if I forgot to write about a fun event or time we had I apologize but as I wrote most of 2015 was definitively a year to forget and I am doing my best to do just that.

Bring on 2016, I am ready for it.

Gotta Go-Go,
Carey


1 comment:

Joe Udovic said...

Wow mike had a nervous breakdown. he initially said he was not going to attend, so it severs him right. things happen in a positive and negative fashion, but we need to look at the positives and not dwell on the bad and ugly occurances.