Monday, August 8, 2011

Jimco Rally Part 2

This is part 2, I didn't have access to the internet so I wrote this on my laptop after the bonfire gathering
____________________________

Hey Gang,
Everyone woke fairly early at Jimco's. I finally got up at about 9am. Made coffee first then opened the doors. OH there's my keys. I left them in the door lock again. Gee someone could of got in and taken me for a real ride.

I missed the morning breakfast with the gang so I ate cereal. Then everyone started coming up to take a peak at the GoGo Bus. I have had it for many years but still feel great the comments and smiles I get. They voted me best of show, no prize or plaque just a friendly gesture but was honored to be picked.

As I said I don't live far from here but the group loves going to Sands RV in near by Madison so I went along. Sands is the site of the old Unger Motorhome company. Sands still sells parts and all kinds of accessories for RV's of all makes. I made the most of the trip and sat back and pretended I was MILES away from home. And believe me, it did seem like I was on a far away vacation.

I drove with JD and his wife Ethylene who are from the Springfield, Mo. area. We talked politics and pretty much agree on the ills of this nation. It was very enjoyable driving and talking with them. JD use to work for BASF in the pesticide division and has been in 49 of the states because of his former job. I am excited to have met JD because he may be able to diagnose whats wrong with the plants in my yard.

When we got back from our shopping experience which included Walmart which I sat in the car waiting, we took a group shot. There was about 15 of us, the furthest was Rusty of Texas and one couple, TG and his wife LJ are from Canada. The photo was taken in front of the GoGo Bus and a 72 Winnebago. Lots of laughs and joking.

The '72 is owned by Brad of NJ. His parents are the original owners so its never left the family. John took his first trip in it when he was 6 months old. It has 170,000 miles but is all original and well taken care of. A beautiful time piece.

Jimco showed me his garage of collectables and THEE first Winnebago off the assembly line, 001. Its a 1966, all original and LOW miles. He has 5 others and a 86 Corvette and the first TV he bought in '84 that still works. Some collection, I was impressed.

At 5:30 we had a pot luck dinner and of course I was late getting mine to the buffet table. I made, I don't know what you would call it, I took two boxes of instant flavored rice and followed the directions except I only used 1 ¼ bags of the seasonings that came with it. I then browned western style pork ribs that I sliced up into small chunks. Cooked it with butter and olive oil, added Italian seasonings, pepper, some sugar. After that was browned I threw it in with the rice that seemed a little dry so added a little bit of coffee. Then I browned some green bell pepper in olive oil with sugar, salt and pepper. Threw that in. Then heated up a can of diced pineapple with a little sugar and olive oil. Threw that in the pot, mixed it all up and walla. Delicious.

At the table we had shrimp with Jimcos home made cocktail sauce, perfect. Chris and Tina had wrapped pork, beef and a turkey separately in foil and threw it in a pit of hot ashes they dug. There was also sliced potatoes and onions made by Dan, corn on the cob by Tim, and plenty of deserts.

After dinner Jimco lit a huge bonfire and we sat and talked and talked until about 10:30.

Great group of people, felt so at ease.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: