Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Hey Gang Christmas, from the Philippines and another from me

Hey Gang,
This is from Ruth in the Philippines. I didn't know if they celebrate Christmas so I asked her.

Carey,
Of course we do celebrate christmas since i am a christian and here's my story to tell.....

The church where i grew up used to have a christmas program and presented some stage play written by my father which he took from the story of the Bible. When the story went sentimental i usually stay infront near the stage and cry...but when the program closes i will forget all the crying because what excites us children is when we will be given packs of goodies from the church..It has been the tradition of the church to do that every christmas to extend God's goodness through giving to the less fortunate neighbors of ours who are not christians too then to us children and all members of the church.Last Sunday, i recalled that incident again since the church where i now attended does that too... we were the ones who distributed the packs of goodies to the non christian visitors and when every visitor was given we also got our shares and said.....ohhhhhhhhhhh to the children and pointing to ourselves... hahaha!.as if i was a child again. What makes
it so special now is we treasure the value of giving and i hope it will not only be on christmas season but the whole year through. It feels good when we give..right Carey?

Have a more joyous christmas and a blessed new year ahead!

Ruth

~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Christmas memory, this reminds me of that Elvis song, Blue Christmas, and it also involves Pam, the girl I gave the toilet seat to.
We had a Christmas party with friends and Pam did most of the cooking. Don't remember much of that supper other than two things, one I decided to make gizzards, that didn't go over to well and the other, blue food coloring and that REALLY didn't go over to well. Growing up my older sister once in awhile would add some red food coloring to our mashed potatoes. I remembered it was silly fun as a kid. So I decided for this meal lets do the same but lets do blue. But I didn't just add it to the potatoes BUT to everything, and not just a wee bit to add a touch of color but a whole lot to make it really BLUE. BOY OH BOY did Pam cry, you ruined my meal, look how terrible it looks. Everyone's teeth and lips turned blue. Its amazing to this day people don't remember what we ate only the color. Awww yes - Christmas memories.


Only one more day till Christmas!!
Carey

No comments: