Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Friends!!

Hey Gang,
So I was going to send out another Christmas memory but in all this last minute frenzy of shopping, making sauce, making chocolate, doing dishes, wrapping gifts, packing the van I got inspired with something else instead. How many renditions of the Night Before Christmas do you know? Well this is my half finished version. I would love to finish it but when I wake I need to fry pizzelles, buy a few more last minute items, and be at Walts with all the food before 4 for an early supper so we can make it to church before 7. And its now 6:39 am. Oh Boy, am I in trouble.
Here it is, my version of the Night Before Christmas:

Well its the eve before Christmas eve and all through my house the spaghetti pot was stirring, I was busy as a mouse. The stocking were stuffed with the utmost of care, in hopes that the chocolate wouldn't melt from my place to theirs.

The Kellys were nestled all snug in their bed, while visions of spaghetti and meatballs danced in their heads.
With Momma in the kitchen, and I on the stove
She had just opened more jars and I added the cloves.

When out of the pot arose such a splatter, I sprang from me feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the stove I flew like a flash, lowered the heat in a mad frenzied dash.

The sauce had landed on the gifts with the bows,
Also on our tree from the tippy top to below.
It was getting late I said with a snear,
Just let the sauce sit, if we wipe it will smear.

I kept on stirring so lively and quick
I knew if it wasn't cooked well, we'ld all be sick.
Sniffing like a beagle, my scents they came
It needed more seasonings I shouted them by name:
Now dishes, now dashes
Now stirring and mixing
More garlic, and pepper
More parsley and basil
To the top of the pot
All the way to the top
Now dash, dash away
Dash away all

As the sauce was still cooking away I did fly
To stuff more socks and wrap gifts I did buy
Then off to my van with much cleaning to do
It had to be emptied, the gifts wouldn't fit there was just no room

And then in a twinkling I heard on the roof
What sounded like horses or at least all their hoofs
As I drew out my head and was turning around
Down came the sleet and rain with a bound

It rained so hard I got wet from head to my foot
But I couldn't stop, the gifts to the van had to be put
A bundle of gifts I had flung on my back
I looked so disheveled I was all out of whack

Thats it, maybe I will finish it like the other 127 short stories I started - maybe.

Good Night Friends, I am tired! MMM, it does smell good over here!
Carey

No comments: