Friday, December 19, 2008

A Hey Gang Christmas - Lisa's memory

Hey Gang,
Lisa from Erie, Pa. responded and wrote:



When we were kids, Christmas Eve was the main event.

First we would go to my grandmothers for a traditional Italian feast. After that we'd go home and get our PJ's on and go to bed....but never slept. We waited anxiously in anticipation of Santa's arrival. Mom and Dad would go to midnight Mass and when they returned home Mama would ring the bells that were hung on the front door and yell "Bye Santa!!" which was our signal that it was time to open the presents! Once all the gifts were unwrapped, we throw our coats on over our robes and head to my aunt's house where the entire family (gramma, aunts, uncles and countless cousins) ate and sang and laughed until the sun came up!

If you asked me what the presents were, I probably couldn't recall most of them. My fondest memories of Christmas are the ones of the love and laughter (and food) that made my family so amazing


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that gives me a warm and fuzzy Christmas feeling!
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: