Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Belated Happy Easter, I am out of here



Hey Gang,
I am out of here for a 5 day jaunt to Memphis, Tenn., Mammoth Cave, Ky and then Louisville, Ky our final stop.  OK maybe if I see a garage sale or three I may stop but that’s it. 

I never had the chance to send out an Easter message as I normally do.  My writing time was taken up Friday night because I wanted to vent about Check Point Charlie in Willoughby Hills, then Saturday we celebrated Easter at my sisters which I still protest even though all of us had a good time because Easter Sunday is suppose to be on… Easter Sunday and then Easter Sunday the official Easter Sunday Ruth and I attended service and then headed to Hometown Buffet with Jeff B..

  The three of us had a real fun time at Hometown.  Of course we over ate.  On one trip to the buffet Ruth met a gentleman from Slovenia who asked her what nationality she was.  He told her he spoke many different languages and thought she was Japanese.  Later on it was Jeff who returned and said I just met a gentleman who speaks many different languages.  I interrupted is he from Slovenia?  YES!  Ruth met him already.  He also told Jeff a joke but Jeff couldn’t repeat it so it must have been quite naughty.

 My second trip to the buffet I stood in front of the salad buffet playing guessing games with the dressing.  Hometown didn’t have time to switch the signs from breakfast/lunch to supper so the dishes were mislabeled.  Standing behind me was a man just staring into space.  He looked as lost as I did, sort of like we both entered a huge busy airport terminal looking for our check in.  After playing with one salad dressing for awhile he said that’s a bbq based dressing. Yuck thanks for telling me.  You are the third person I had to tell.

I sit back down at the table and told them I spied the Slovenian man that speaks all those languages.  He was talking, his family stared and the waitress had her mouth open, I bet it was that naughty joke.

Jeff and I got on the topic of doom and gloom and how good the food was.  The man who explained the salad dressing to me was sitting next to us came over.  He joined in and agreed with our discussion.  Before entering something told me to grab a brochure on the Constitution Party.  The man gladly accepted it.  He explained he didn’t want to get out, he gets anxiety in large crowds but his friend asked to go out.  I said don’t talk to me then I give people anxiety all the time.

Before leaving our table Mark, that was his name, told us the real reason why he came over was not to talk but to tell me I look like a young Peter Gabriel, has anyone told you that?  Nope, Boy George but not Peter Gabriel.  Mark went for more food and we got up to leave.

As we were walking away Marks friend called me over.  He had to be in his 80’s.  I thought maybe he wanted to tell me thanks for talking to Mark or he agreed with me politically.  Instead the man asked do you know about the Big Band era, do you know who Gene Krupa is from the Big Band era?  Why sure, probably the best drummer of all time.  Well let me tell you, has anyone ever told you you look like a young Gene Krupa?  Nope.  Serious you look just like a young Gene Krupa.  I said thanks, I guess it was a compliment, his name was Chester. 

I told Ruth and Jeff lets get out of here, the lady in the next table is even older and she may think I look like someone from the silent movie days.

We ended the night at my place watching the King of Kings.  For its time it was I guess a major movie but seeing it now… well the message and what its about is what matters. 


Belated Happy Easter Everyone
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: