Monday, April 21, 2014

last installment from the Dayton trip



  From my last blog posting: We left to find me something to eat and head back to our hotel rooms. 

Continuing on
I needed to eat so a quick drive through Yellow Springs but nothing was open on a Saturday night which was strange seeing that it is a college town.

  I told Jimmy who took the reigns over of the car to avoid the highway in hopes of finding something open, preferably Chinese.  We went in one big loop passing one entrance to the freeway and ending miles down the road at another entrance.  I spied a strip mall and said HEY there’s a chink place, supper was in view.

  The name of the place was Timmy’s Wok in Fairborn.  We made it just in time.  I ordered something I was not familiar with Sa Cha Chicken.  And it was chacha good.  Loved it.

  I swallowed the food in the hotel room and off to sleep before the dancing elephants in the room above started again.  Walt & Jimmy would be waking about 10 to head to the dance contest the main reason for the trip to Dayton.

  The rest of the trip is anticlimactic other than what I wore, I mean it wasn’t that bad but just wasn’t right for the occasion. I first noticed my attire combination was wrong when we went to eat at an Amish place on the way down.  People looked up and stared.  What did I wear?   I decided for ole time’s sake since I was travelin’ with Walt to grab my leather jacket that isn’t worn nearly as much anymore.  In years past that’s all me & Walt wore, our leather jackets.  For shoes I wanted to be comfortable on the trip so I wore my Kashi sneakers.  

   Now let me tell you about my Kashi Kicks.  For those who don’t know what they are according to Wikipedia Kashi Kicks is an American footwear company based in Pittsburg, Pa. that produces unique sneaker designs.  The shoes are endorsed by a number of members of the hip hop and professional athletic communities.  That’s the definition.  So why do I have a pair.  Well I went to Gabriel Brothers to buy a pair of work shoes but I saw these glittering flashy blue sneakers and had to have them.  And yes they do sparkle.

 So I wore my old black leather cycle jacket with the glitzy sneakers.  I was comfortable even though the jacket and sneakers clashed but when I went to the dance contest filled with young girls from the age of about 5 to 17 with glittering dance costumes I felt uncomfortable.  I waited in the cafeteria of the school for most of the dance contest where the parents and the girls were.  I am sure the parents had to think OK what is this guy doing hanging around in a black leather but… his glittering sparkly shoes…  naw he can’t be in the competition…. Can he?


   The End.


Gotta GoGo!!
  Carey

No comments: