Monday, October 25, 2010

meals fit for a king

Hey Gang,

One thing I have learned on this trip is fast food is bad no matter where you go. I tried the Philippine chain called Jolly Bee last night. It was the only bad meal of the trip.

Today though more than made up for it.
Ruth's friend Eunice invited us over for lunch. She prepared enough food for an army.

She made chicken, lapu lapu' fried squid, pork adobo, lobster, and rice. Wow it was good. Eunice gave me some histroy about how her and her family moved to Zamboanga. Felt right at home.

Then later on Ruths sister and family took me to a fine restaurant called Mano Mano Greenfield.

Another feast. Ruth ordered us clam soup which was my fav.. Then we had beef curry, which had a peanut butter taste, excellent also. Pancit bihon and lechon kawali with green mango shake. I felt like a king with all this food today.

Between meals Ruth showed me the beach and around the campus of Ebenezer Bible College.
Thats all the update for now. Very tired. Tomorrow I start the trek back home.

By for now.

No comments: