Thursday, October 14, 2010

to atlanta and beyond

Well we finally left Hopkins 1 hour 20 minutes late. One of the few times I was on time and it didn't matter.


We spent more time taxiing and waiting on the runway at Hopkins then it took to get to Atlanta. The reason the plane was late in getting to Cleveland was that the original plane broke down so they had to switch everyone to a new plane. Somethings a pilot shouldn't divulge that and we will take off shortly, our brake light is on, it seems to be overheating once it cools off will will leave. That's fine once we are in the air as brakes aren't needed but what about when we land? Fortunately no trauma in landing in Atlanta.

On the plane though my nose was traumatized. I sat next to the toxic offender. I fell asleep twice only to be woken by the worse flatulence . When they announced drinks, snacks or fruits I was going to demand them drop me off right then and there if Mr. Toxic got any more combustible substance like fruit in him. I gave up on sleeping and kept my head in the aisle

Atlanta's airport seems to be as big as all of Cleveland. Incredible. Its more like a huge mall and I mean huge.

Before boarding I used the mens room. I always worry about being in the washroom on a plane, you never know when you could hit turbulence and things could go flying. So I found the quietest mens room, one with about 27 stalls. I choose the middle stall. A few seconds later someone sits in the one to my left. Then someone uses the one on the right. Why with 26 empty stalls do they have to sit so close, Once the trombones started I hurried up and got out of there,


Thats all for now.

No comments: