Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nashville to Park City



Part 8
After our run around Nashville episode the drive up to Park City was smooth.  We drove through Bowling Green and probably could of saved time and found a better meal if we ate there.

Park City is actually a small town and a small town that time has forgotten.  Near the freeway exit a corporate dollar store has sprouted but little else in the town from the old days has survived like so many others in America.

Getting off the freeway we guessed at the right way to go but that dead ended into 31-W not to be confused with 31-E which I never did figure out how you could be on 31-W and head east or west and on 31-E you could go north and south, anyway on 31-W we went the wrong way.  There was an old style motel that had a car jacked up with regular table  lamps around it; someone at 1 am was working on their car.  I decided to pull in and ask for directions. 

Well it hit me and hit me hard, I had a laugh time.  Anyone that knows me real well knows that a laugh time can come on without notice.  I just sized up the situation of this car, tools all around, lamps plugged in with a man under it.  What were his neighbors thinking?  It occurred to me this must be my twin and I started to laugh and laugh. 

The man crawled out from under his car to talk to us but it was no use.  No matter what he said a loud BAH HA HA came out.  He had to think I was doped up.    It was bad.  Dan listened as best as he could.  I quickly pulled out with a tear in my eye and vague directions. 

Laughing is always good before a fright - time to find Park Mammoth Resort.

   Gotta GoGo!!
    Carey



gloominess of place  eerie driving up

time warp smell
woke to oldies on the radio
look out restaurant asked waitress if its the name because of the lookout or because the food is so bad you need to look out
 both, scenery and food is bad

rain and rain and a siren
shooting range

Paul asked for church waitress said go to my dads church

Rocky Hill Baptist church, fiery preacher

weird manner of joining

off to mammoth cave

caves closed
World heritage site

Paul got sick

John from wounded warriors
Lincoln

No comments: