Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sunday Breakfast



Part 10
Sunday I awoke and turned on my pocket transistor AM/FM radio to a AM station playing terrific songs of yesterday, not just top 40 oldies but forgotten oldies, at least in the Cleveland area they are.  And - YES I still carry a pocket transistor radio.  I feel it is a must to have one when traveling for weather alerts plus I just like it, no frills just 2 watts of awesome sound. 

The other sound we woke to was the sound of gunshots.  At first I thought someone was hunting maybe a little too close to the resort but that’s when I remembered on the grounds is a shooting rage.  Thank goodness.  That reminds me of when I made the reservations the lady told me they have a golf course and a shooting range.  I told her I don’t do either one and if I got a hole in one it may be because I misfired a gun and not from the golf course

 We met Dan and Paul for breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel called Look Out Restaurant.  I asked the waitress if it’s the name because of the lookout or because the food is so bad you need to look out.  She laughed but I think it was named for both reasons the scenery and the food which was average at best.  The lookout is terrific and added to the rustic old decor of the restaurant.




  We decided on finding a church before heading out to the caves.  One of the things I love to do when traveling is attending a local church.  I love to experience how others worship and conduct their service, plus it really gives you a feel for the area you are visiting.  Paul asked our waitress whose dad happens to be a pastor.  She gave us directions to Rocky Hill Baptist church.

fiery preacher

weird manner of joining
 any bears

off to mammoth cave
 turkey
World heritage site

Paul got sick

Batman  bat

caves closed

John from wounded warriors

rain and rain and a siren

Lincoln

State rep

gas cap

No comments: