Thursday, May 1, 2014

the uninvited guest



Part 3
Well we arrived at the hotel in Memphis at 2:45.  Dan and Paul shared a room, Ruth and I took the Bus and parked far back on the lot.  The hotel lacked any frills; it was strictly for business and conventions.  It did have one unexpected surprise in their room.  I went in first with Dan’s bag.  While he was being wheeled in he asked loudly does this room have any bedbugs?  The porter helping with his wheelchair was about to answer when I said no but they do have large animals.  There was a cockroach so big it looked like an animal.  The porter said oh it’s a water bug.  He grabbed toilet paper, stood on a chair and went to squash it.  He missed.  The bug fell and he did a nice dance making sure the thing wasn’t on him.  It took 2 stomps to kill it.  After that no bugs were found.   It was a nice welcome.

  I always sleep well in the GoGo Bus, probably better than at home.  It’s that comfy.  I was in a sound sleep when I heard these LOUD bangs, just a horrible sounding bad noise.  I turn off my sleep/sound machine start to fall asleep and there it was again.  It happened a few times.  Not sure if it was thunder, sonic booms, gun fire who knows.

Morning came and I was a bit late for start of the Constitution Party Convention.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those loud bangs you heard were the sounds of the old Mohican ghost known as 'creamed corn'.
He came to haunt you from Chuck's Carey-fied past pesterings.

.'.GEO.'.

"LET YOUR EYE BE SINGLE and your body be full of light"
"God is light, Light is knowledge, Let there be light"