Wednesday, May 23, 2012

13 A Philippines

Sunday we attended the early 7 am church service at Ruth's church, Tetuan Alliance. 3 services on Sunday. 

After church Edgar took me on a tour while Ruth did her chores. First we went to St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish Church

http://www.promdingchamimay.com/2012/04/st-ignatius-of-loyola-parish-church.html

A wonderful church/shrine, I recommend seeing it.

Then we headed to the National City high school. He showed me around the grounds.  School is out for the summer but a group of high school students were hanging out.  They saw me and hey American and smiles and asking we are hungry give us money for food.

Then we went to the school coliseum. Basketball is very popular here and a small monument commemorates the founding of it on the school grounds.

 Edgar knew someone at the gate who allowed us in to the coliseum.  Someone else, maybe the grounds keeper, saw us and asked if we wanted a ball.  And then I got nervous.  The guy who ran to get the basketball must of told a few people because out of nowhere a small crowd gathered to watch the American shoot.  The only problem was he forgot to tell them a white American.  After missing my first 4 shots the crowd disappeared.  I shattered the image of America's dream team.

Edgar and I played one on one.  I won but the heat almost knocked me out.  Enough of that, no game 2 cause of pending heat stroke.  The coliseum was neat.  Maybe 5,000, plain and simple with orange seats up front, I loved it, no frills, watch the game and enjoy.

Then we went to the Southway mall in the city and ate at Mang Inasal for barbeque and all you can eat rice.

After supper we headed to Fort Pilar museum.  Something else I recommend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Pilar

thats all for this post

No comments: