Sunday, May 13, 2012

number 3 philippines


OK you have to experience this. Its like a rude joke, a test of wills, a survival of the fittest. You travel all those hours, small portions of food that makes a starving artists meals look like large buffets, the lack of oxygen makes you woozy and then you land in Manila.

GO! And they're off...............
All of a sudden you go from no moving to a sprint. And it was weird, we left the plane, didn't dilly dally and then as if parachuted down from the heavens the airport fills up with what seems like thousands scurrying like ants.

There is suppose to be lines to enter the first security but quickly that fades into everyone converging into 5 checks points. Once you see the driving in the Philippines you understand their method, just go.

After about 2o minutes plus, another check point with our baggage. More chaos, fund our bags, another check point and now you are on your own. The heat that was building in the airport suddenly hits you and the humidity wow.

I ask the security where can I change currency. Over here follow me. Out comes his hand, clears his throat ahemm, tip?

Ruth made the hotel reservation and planned for them to pick us up. Pure chaos. Another security guard said let me see your paper I will call the hotel. Sir I can not reach them, how about tip for my phone use? This is the number I called. He circles it, shows me the number. Excuse me thats my phone number – 440-585.....

Someone else tries to help us find Go Hotels taxi, no luck but I know the protocol, tip time. Here... Whats this? A tip. He shook his head and walked away. An honest person. I think I insulted him.

Walt had enough, I will pay for the taxi lets get out of here. After negotiations we settled on 1,130 peso plus tip off to Cyber gates plaza and Go Hotel.

Gotta GoGo!!

No comments: