Tuesday, May 22, 2012

11 Philippines



Thursday we didn't have time to go out. Walt packed his things and we headed to Ruth's sisters house.
Walt, my new brother in law Joshua, my new nephews CJ and Bern and I played basketball. Basketball is serious business even if they play it wearing flip flops or thongs.

After b'ball Jun and Timothy my other new brother in laws took Walt and I to Yakan village. It is a sect of Muslims that still weave and make things like bags, shirts the old way and in traditional fabrics and designs. Everything was so cheap but well made. I wanted to buy the whole village.

When they spotted me taking photos of the village a lady came up and said OH an American can I take your photo? Sure. Another lady runs up  WAIT let me take one to. Before I knew it there was a small group gathering to take photos. I said hey this is my adapted family, I mean adopted family who knows maybe they have adapted to my jokes. I said on the count of three everyone says USA Yakatan. After all the photos with me it was Walt's turn, another American more smiles and photos.

For our lunch we went back to the house and they served goat, poor goat is was so cute before the slaughter glad I didn't make friends but it was tasty.

After the lunch it was time to take Walt to the airport. Words donn't do justice to how thankful I was that Walt came and stood up on my behalf. Everything was successful. He got to experience the Filipino way of life, we showed him around and was part of the blessing.

After the airport went back to Ruth's sister so they could have a family meeting. I played cards with my new nieces and nephews. Uno and a card game called 1 2 3 pass. We had so many laughs, it was silly fun.
_______

No comments: