Tuesday, May 22, 2012

9 Philippines



Tuesday Walt and I were warned don't go out of the hotel so we did. We couldn't find a place to eat that served somewhat normal breakfast food so we went back to the hotel to eat.

Constantly seeing new things. We saw a man and boy walking around with clear plastic bags and inside were fish, another had a large bucket full. They were trying to sell them. If I heard correctly there is no welfare so people do what they can to make money. Ruth scolded me for giving money to the beggars and used the old proverb about teaching a man to fish not giving him the fish. She only gives sometimes to the handicapped. Their government frowns on people who give money. I told Ruth if I lived here I may become one of the beggars because I would give all my money away to help the beggars.

At noon we went to the best seafood place in town Alavar's. But again this seafood is real seafood, not fish n chips or processed food. We ordered seafood bilao and Walt had shrimp with the best juice in the world , Alavar's juice and Zamboanga white.

Then we headed to her sister's house. Ruth's whole family except for Joshua’s wife and children. Introduced Walt and made final plans for the blessing. Jun showed us around Ebenezer, the church grounds and the beach. Little crabs everywhere. We didn't stay to long. We went back to the hotel and ate at Abalones again.

No comments: