Monday, September 22, 2008

Hey Gang part one

Hey Gang,
Its been awhile, well I mean its been awhile since I wrote a Hey Gang update of sorts. Things since late July have been on a whirl wind. All kinds of good and all kinds of ughhhh! Just as Dov said, he made that observation during our phone conversation last night. He said you know what I notice about you is that something fun is always happening to you which is good but then you have to add in something bad. BUT thats just my life. I don't make this stuff up, it just happens to me. Sometimes I feel like I am a ping pong in a hurricane. Its always up and down and a lot of times both happen at once......thats just my life.
Lately I have been spending a lot of time with Lisa, as if you didn't know, helping her through a rough spot in her life. BUT, have to say, I am enjoying the friendship, its been fun even through her trying times. There I go again, a good with a bad.

Some of the stuff that has been happening in her life has been a real Hummina hummina. Two weeks ago Lisa came to visit and stayed with my sister Cynthia. She just adored my sisters house and felt right at home. In the cupboard Lisa found the same coffee she used, the same pot and when she went to use the shower it was her brand of shampoo. I would say that would make one feel at home. Later on in the day we went out to the Miscellany Barn in Painesville. It has three houses and one barn filled with antiques, junk and furniture. Who does Lisa run into way out here? Her cousin. Maybe at a busy mall or something like that, but at an antique place. Ya just can't make this stuff up. Afterwards we went to the Perch Fest which is another whole story in itself. What a lame festival. It hardly had anything to do with perch other than one tent serving perch and the line was a three hour wait for the dinner.
Sunday Lisa was a bit disappointed that she didn't make church. Waking up a little late we weren't sure what we were going to do. But Rich left a message saying Punderson State Park 1 o'clock so I decide to drive out there to see what was going on. What a surprise, his church was a having a lake side baptism, I forget the exact term his Messianic Church uses but it is similar to a baptism. We got there near the middle but still enough time to here a few testimonies and baptisms. It may not of been the type of church Lisa is use to but it was a church service. it was just a fun weekend.
OH one more thing about Lisa. She is looking to move and find a new house. The house right next to her parents place is for sale and it's in her price range. She is very excited about that. Hopefully it will work out for her.
I wrote all that about Lisa not only because I write about what is going on in my life and she has been a big part the last few months but also because of all those, for lack of better words - coincidences. Though I am sure quite a few were definitely God directed, maybe not the coffee unless it was Chock Full of Nuts because Chock Full of Nuts is that heavenly coffee.
Next installment I will give updates on the rest of the Gang.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: