Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Careyism's for you

Hey Gang,
Hope everyones Thanksgiving was wonderful. I have more important things to write about but someone said haven't received anything from you in awhile so taking a break to send you these Careyism's.

Home Church
Wednesday the 18th Dov invited me to the house church he attends. Its a small gathering, up to about 10 people. Dov had asked me to attend before but I was always busy. This time I was available so accepted the invite. At this home church they start their bible/prayer service with supper. We were already seated and eating when another member, Stan, arrived. He looked at me and said "Are you the politician"? I was surprised to say the least. I wasn't sure how he knew.
After supper we gathered in the living room. Stan started it off. He said that since they started this home church he has been keeping track of the people they have been praying for. He brought along his note book and a print out sheet for everyone to take home of the prayer requests. He read the requests out loud and lo and behold my name was on the list. I asked do they do this all the time? Stan said no it was something that was on my heart. What timing that the day I decide to attend I get to hear my name mentioned and meet strangers who were praying for me. I was so encouraged and blessed by it. I must add, it was Dov who had asked for prayers for me. Thanks Dov.

The Filipino and the Philippines
As everyone knows I have been in touch with Ruth from the Philippines for sometime now. She is trying to come for a visit. My sister Cindi is a nurse and works with several doctors who are Filipino's. These doctors are hosting a benefit at the Marriot in Beachwood on Dece. 12th to help the Philippines. Cindi received 4 tickets to attend and asked me if I wanted to go. I thought it was just a neat coincidence talking to someone from the Philippines and then being invited to a fund raiser for the Philippines.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: