Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This one's for Gwen

Hey Gang,
Gwen made a request, well sort of a request, that she wishes I would write fun stories as I use to. Well this is the best I can do until our economy rebounds or gas gets to a reasonable level so I can hit the road and meet wonderful and interesting people or cats again.
So many things I do I just stumble on, no planning just walk right into them. It all comes down to timing and instinct which you can't explain. Thats how my Saturday went. I haven't had a day like this in some time.

My good friend Joe opened a business in Ashtabula selling Cutco knives. Ashtabula is about 45 miles from my house in Wickliffe. Joe bought a cabinet in the Cleveland area and asked if I could do him a favor and deliver it. Of course I said yes. I wanted to check out his new office anyway and it would give me the opportunity to take a short road trip.

The only plans Joe and I made was the time, I had to be at his office before 9pm. Since the weather was on and off rain and nothing else going on I decided to leave early and take my time getting there.

The quickest way to Ashtabula is taking the freeway Rt. 90 and exiting at Rt.45 but I prefer Rt. 20. Rt. 20 is the old route that everyone drove before the advent of the freeway, it will take you all the way to the east coast.

I took the freeway Rt 2 until it ends and dumps into Rt. 20 in Painesville Twp.. From Painesville Twp. you drive through Perry, Madison, Geneva, Saybrook and then enter Ashtabula. In Madison there were detour signs saying road closed 6 miles ahead. I trusted my instincts instead of following the detour, which sometimes can take you on a wild goose chase, and continued on. Before hitting the road block in Geneva I took a right on Walter Main Rd.. There is a junk yard I go to on Walter Main but I never drove the road past that point. I played my hunches and I was correct. It connected with Rt. 84 and from there I could loop back over to Rt. 20.. Follow this? You may want to travel it someday.

NOW I wrote all that just to tell you what I stumbled upon. If not for that detour I would of missed one of the most interesting in your face houses I have ever seen. I flew passed it and had to turn around. I parked on the berm to snap photos of it and the owner came out.

Believe it or not I can't remember his name. To tell you the truth, I can't even repeat much of what he said. Normally I can write in verbatim what someone says. But this guy talked so fast, had so much to say I couldn't keep up. I can sort of sum up what he said this way "Vote them all out"! Oh one more thing I remember, he said people should be worried if they shut me up because then its over.

I would almost have to call his house folk art-ish meets 60's protest - how about folk-adelic? The same with his cars, yes written all over. He said to get his message out he frequently parks his cars in no parking zones. Its worth the fine because usually these are the best spots to advertise your message.

Before I left I invited myself back for coffee and he said sure, anytime. So when I return will report back to you with the full scoop. He did say go ahead post this all over the internet what these crooks are doing. So I am obeying orders. I just wish he lived in Euclid.

From there I headed back to Rt 20 to get to Joe's but my day wasn't over yet.
Stay tuned.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey Masci

1 comment:

LakeCountyOH said...

How dare this person express themselves so openly on their own property!? And, to accuse Steve Latourette and Gene Lucci of anything below board? Oh wait.

Both Steve Latourette and Gene Lucci admitted to adultery and left long time wives for other women.