Friday, June 24, 2011

Texas 3

Hey Gang,
I felt so at home at the condo maybe too at home. This morning Jami knocked on our door to give us the keys which I left in the door knob over night. A habit I have.

We left the condo and went to the Lone Star aviation museum. Quite interesting. Down the road was the Moody Gardens, the name is a fooler as it has little to do with gardens. We went to the aquarium which was nice. After that we headed towards San Antonio.

We made a mistake because we left the aquarium late and it was rush hour through Houston . I wanted to stop to eat but Walt wanted to hurry to San Antonio because friends were meeting us at the hotel. The last meal we had was breakfast at 9 am, the time was now 5:30 and San Antonio was still another 180 miles away. I came up with the plan to drive with Jami while Walt and the kids headed onward.

A Careyism! Jami and I were going back and forth of what kind of food and place we should eat at. I said I don't care, even if we find a town called La Grange lets stop there and eat. Well about 20 miles up guess what we ran into? La Grange! So we stopped and ate at a place called Nancy’s Steak House. Hummina hummina.

After dinner we sped to the Omni Hotel just outside the city limits of San Antonio. Terrific hotel. Indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool had a small bar, a LARGE pool, small BBQ and they had a movie showing on a large screen.

The BBQ looked so good I had to try it even though I wasn't hungry. Ordered the brisket sliders. Tracy, the chef, gave me 4 stuffed sliders instead of 3. Then someone offered to buy me a beer. Even though I wasn't in the mood for one how could I refuse. Then Tracy came over and said don't say anything but here's some macaroni salad, its the bomb. Then Walt told Casey to get Carey some popcorn. I had more food than I knew what to do with.

I ate what I could and then jumped into the pool and then the hot tub.

Now in the room and dreading morning and whats on schedule. Meeting at 8 am for breakfast then heading to Six Flags. I hate amusement parks!

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: