Monday, September 5, 2011

back from cook forest, pa - intro

Hey Gang,
Just returned from a 3 day escape to Cooks Forest. A quickly planned trip. For the most part things went well. It was a quieter trip, a trip to unclutter the mind as the camp chaplain said.

I saw things and areas that I have never been to before. And its not that far from my home, about 160 miles away. Not sure why I never went before. Maybe the high price of gas is good, its keeping me closer to home – yeah right.

It really is disturbing what has happened to our dollar under this current regime. I am not sure how the rest of you are getting along but its tough for me to justify traveling, I feel as if I am just throwing my money away. Camping was always one of the cheapest things to do. Here are just a few things that had me really upset: about $132 in gas for round trip of about 400 miles - camp site $62.00 for 2 nights in a state forest – bundle of wood for 2 nights $30 and corn, always one of the cheapest things is now at $4.50 for a doz! Crazy!!!!!!

Well I am going to post my outing in segments as I wrote them. But before I do that have to tell you my dream.

The weather was quite ideal Friday through early Sunday morning when it briefly stormed then dried up and didn't rain again till we started driving home late afternoon. All days were hot and sunny perfect way to end the summer travel season. Sunday morning at 5 am I awoke from a strange dream.

A storm was gathering that turned into a tornado. At the base of this twirling funnel cloud were Batman & Robin with their arms crossed. They were HUGE. I ran inside to tell my family and they said this is no storm but a tornado, hide. Just then a loud crack and BOOM woke me from the dream. I looked out the window startled. It had woken Nick also and he said yes Carey its a thunderstorm.


Now don't go writing to me saying my guardian angels must be super heroes it was only a dream... or was it?

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: