Thursday, September 6, 2012

1. Labor Day weekend, Africans, Buddnark and More

It's been a learning process that has taken me years to learn that if something goes wrong that's my luck um yes but that's not what I wanted to write. If something goes wrong just go with the flow and see what comes up or where you're led and most of the time things will turn out OK.


This past Labor Day weekend I planned on attending The Glenn Christian Ox Roast car show. I wanted to enter the GoGo Bus. It hasn't been used much in way over a year and was sorely lacking in sparkle from just sitting. So I worked in earnest all week like a nut to bring it up to show condition. And then it happened.

Now don't laugh because this is the truth. A magnet got stuck on the GoGo Bus. I know what you're thinking... well that's what a magnet should do, but not like this. I mean it got stuck. It cost me a set of fingernails and a chip in the paint to remove it. It was Mom who came to the rescue and said try a wooden popsicle stick or I may still be out there. In the end that stupid magnet cost me over a hour and a half.

Why didn't I just leave it? Well it was a fairly large American flag magnet and when I went to remove it to wax the Bus only half came off. How could anyone show a vehicle with half a US flag and one that was crooked, it had to come off.

About that lost hour and a half... Registration for the car show closed at 7pm Friday. I am one hour and 20 minutes away. I pull out of my drive go to my sisters down the street, leave there, look at the time it is 6:20. And then reality hit me, even though it is the GoGo Bus it really is the go slow bus. I never would of made it so I turned around and went back home. It was that darn magnet that cost me. Friday was a bust but the rest of the weekend actually turned out grand all because of that magnet.

Stay tuned.....
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: