Friday, September 13, 2013

flashback to 2006

Hey Gang,
I am almost finished going through ALL my old emails.  Some went back as far as 2004.  I deleted, printed, and some will be used in my book.  Going through them all was a neat flashback.

 We think this summer was wet and cool.  In the summer of 2006 here in Lake County we had 10 inches of rain in 24 hours and it flooded large sections of the area.  I was on my way to Johnson, Pa. home of the great flood while the flooding was taking place here at home.  I made the comment I now know why we call this Lake County.

 Read this other email from 2006.  Global warming, global wetting, nahh the earth goes through cycles.  I am worried more of the global agenda rather than the global climate. 


 
Date: Sunday, September 3, 2006, 3:18 PM
Hey Gang,   
 Its the last official weekend of the summer vacation season, another summer behind us, can you believe it? 
  For me it was one incredible - fun - busy summer, a few disappointments but mostly a lot of smiles and good memories.    I wanted the summer to start off right and boy did it with a trip to the Alleghenies with Allen, Jeff, and Lori and in between it was one adventure after another. 
 
   Mine and Jeff’s Birthday party in my back yard which the neighbors are still probably talking about, the beach outing, 4th of July party at Colby, the drive in event, Kentucky with Nancy & Lori, Jamestown, Pa trip, the Wisconsin trip, the Rock N the RNC at the Rock Hall, won’t mention all of them but these are just a few of the high lights.    
 
The plans for this weekend got off really slow because of the horrible weather, high 50’s and rain so still not sure what is going on or where we may take off to.  There is talk of Geneva on the Lake or maybe a quick run down to W.V. to say hi to Ed, really not sure.   
 
BUT the real reason for this email was to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day, hope your enjoying it and that your summer went equally as well as mine or even better!

Your Friend Always,
Carey
 Gotta Go Go!!

No comments: