Monday, April 28, 2014

Good Bye - Look Out

Hey Gang,
I did not have time to write things as they happened so I will play catch up.  How ever I did manage to make notes.  I will include the notes with each posting and as I write will fill them in.
 
Currently I am at Look Out Restaurant writing as Ruth, Dan and Paul pack and I finish my morning breakfast of coffee and orange juice.  That should get me going.
 
The purpose of the trip was to attend the Constitution Party Convention being held in Memphis.  When I agreed to attend it at the state convention last fall my hopes were my wallet would be filled and gas stabilized to somewhat affordable levels.  Well my wallet is only half full and gas has risen so I was very hesitant on going to Memphis.  State Chairman Don emailed and said Dan from Columbus needs a ride maybe we could car pool it.  The gas to Tennessee and back would be about $450.  Even with Dan things would be tight.
 
  After some pondering who would want to go to Memphis Ruth said ask Paul.  Now here is the neat thing or you could say God orchestrated.  Paul recently retired and is looking to start a new career in home healthcare.  Paul told me he hopes he can do it. Dan in Columbus is somewhat handicapped and most of the time in a wheelchair.
 
Now don't read into this as I am using anyone.  Dan needed a ride, splitting expenses would benefit him, Paul coming along with help Dan and help me with expenses and Paul would experience helping someone and get to go to Memphis for cheap, win win for everyone.
 
No time for correction or to end this they are packed and ready to head out..
 
Gotta GoGo!!!
 
Carey
 
  left on time
 
grabbed last minute goodies
 
bus wouldn't start
 
Paul prayed
 
Craig showed up
 
bus ran fine
 
made it om time to grab Dan
 
bus running fine, making it on time
 
whan road construction
 
 
off the freeway
 
 
rt 142 to 55
 
on 55 traffic stopped for exxtra wide vehicle
 
 
 
finally back on after costing us an hour plus
 
silly ladies at gas station
 
 
rain
 
made it at 2:45
 
 
 
any bed bugs large b ug
 
 
 
    large bangs  bad noise when sleeping
 
saw graceland in the middle of junk stores
 
 
mlk
 
cable car tracks in road
 
slept well
 
nashville is no longer a country city
 
crazy busy  chain restaurants
 
laugh time, man in yarfd working on car
 
gloominess of place  eery driving up
 
time warp smell
woke to oldies on the radio
look out restuanrant asked waitress if its the name because of the lookout or because the food is so bad you need to look out
 
both, scenery and food is bad
 
paul asked for church waitress said go to my dads church
 
small baptist church, firey preacher
 
weird manner of joining
 
off to mammoth cave
 
world heritage site
 
oaul got sick

gas cap

1 comment:

Andrea Bihari said...

I want to know about the "time warp smell"! lol

-Andrea