Tuesday, July 1, 2014

my weekend of June 27 through 29

Hey Gang, What a terrific weekend I had. So terrific I thought I should tell you about it even in the midst of a hundred things going on. I wanted to take a break and have fun this weekend and I did. Friday Ruth, Paul and I went to the Mt. Carmel festival down the street from my house. Its a nice fest, not that big but I get to see neighbors and friends I haven't seen in awhile plus just being out enjoying the weather and sights and sounds of summer is good enough reason to go. Saturday I tidied up the GoGo Bus as best as I could to head to the Garretsville Summerfest. My niece Crystal sent me a list of Ohio events and found it there. Thanks! Ruth and I arrived about 6p.m. with the car show already in full swing. I didn't even know about the show. Vehicles were suppose to register but I just drove around the barricade and was directed where to park. Driving the Bus, which is always a crowd favorite, I usually get Cart Blanche. I was impressed with some of the vehicles at the cruise in, one was an original '37 Lincoln and a highly custom Geo Metro that really got my attention. We parked and took off to walk around main street and check out all the festivities. It is not that large of a town but they had four bands playing at each intersection and one at the church. There was a 50's band, The Gospel Wagon country band that seemed like they were locked in 60's twang, a Heart cover band and four guys playing soft rock, something for everyone. The town is also very scenic with a pedestrian bridge over the falls that run through it. We saw signs everywhere for the chicken dinner at St. Ambrose so we ate there. Let me tell you... that was one delicious chicken dinner with some of the best green beans I ever did eat. Wow. Half a chicken, mashed potato's, green beans, bun, drink and desert for 10 bucks. For an after dinner snack I got a small pizza that was eh average at best. After dinner I stopped at the Portage County Tea Party booth that was humorously placed next to the Democratic booth. I asked the gentleman manning it how many fights has he gotten into? I said I got to take a photo of this so he leaned over into the Dem space and the man sitting there was not too pleased. Maybe he will ask his Democratic politician friends to pass a law to stop such photos. By the time we got back to the Bus the car show died down so I moved it closer to the remaining cars and immediately it got swarmed. I was a little taken aback when this one lady asked can I see in, next thing I know kids were piling in and not coming out. But how can you get mad at giggling kids having fun? I raced back home to catch an hour of the Mt. Carmel festival with Joe and saw a few more people I haven't in awhile. Sunday I took out my little plastic fantastic car....

No comments: