Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Book signing mishap

Hey Gang,
There I was at work, readying a condo in Cleveland for the new owner when one of the other tenants walked in to take a look at the newly finished unit.

I spoke with this gentleman and his wife before in this same building. I told him besides running a janitorial service I am an author and recently released a book.
He said next time I see you I want to buy a copy.

So when he walked in I reminded him if he still wanted to buy a book?

He said yes, do you have one with you? It just so happens I do.

I asked if his name was with a C or K? It was with a C so I proceeded to sign the book when suddenly the unthinkable happened, I was horrified.

Um Marc excuse me but you can't have this copy and sorry its the only one I have right now.
He asked why?
Well as I was signing it the pen suddenly ran out of ink, this is a family book, look what is says, you just can't have this, not like this.

It read: Marc and Emily, Pleasure me

He laughed and agreed he wouldn't want it.
I thought I lost a book sale when Ruth frantically rummaging through her purse said HOLD ON, I have another pen.

WHEW! I finished the signing and saved the book sale.

It now read: Marc and Emily, Pleasure meeting you, Enjoy the book! God Bless, Carey Masci


Gotta Go-Go!!
Carey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only to you! LOL - Gale