Saturday, October 17, 2015

checking in from Richmond Indiana

Hey Gang
Well we made it to Richmond, Indiana. I picked Chris up almost on time - YAY!

The vehicle he rented is call a MV1. What a neat vehicle. It is made solely for wheelchairs.

 The MV1 us made in Mishawakee (spelling?) Indiana at the old Hummer plant. It weighs 6,000 pounds and as the lady at the rental office said careful of the brakes, they stop on a dime. I forgot that warning and almost made Chris pop out of his wheelchair.

I did 80 all the way here and it handles terrific. Hugs the road, great pick up and so roomy. Though I had all the bells and whistles on the dash. I hate electronic bling.

Anyway Chris is an enjoyable gentleman and says he is having a great trip. Unfortunately it had to be to attend his fathers funeral.

We stopped at a truck stop called the Iron Skillet in New Paris, Ohio almost on the line of Indiana. A typical old style truck stop though I was informed TA bought them out so knowing the corporate greed it could be ruined and soon.

Our waiter works 3 jobs all in the restaurant field. He was interesting. He has been to 6 states helping to start up restaurants in NJ, Pa, Ky, Oh, Miss. and ND. He told me that in North Dakota there are so many Somalians and Albanians it was crazy. They refuse to work and rather collect government help. Golden Corral decided to shut down bot because of no business but because they   couldn't find people willing to work.   And so it tis', Global America.

I best sleep as the wake and funeral starts at 10. If I don't sleep they may bury me.

Gotta GoGo!
Carey

ps: You know the protocol, I am tired and traveling, you correct my grammar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mishawaka

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.