Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Weird connections or divine encounters

Hey Gang,
I live the most interesting life. Weird connections always occur to me or maybe they are more like divine encounters. And no I am not talking about the fly in my oatmeal.

For instance last night, no lets back track to two weeks ago, naw lets go back to last year and then talk about two weeks ago then Sunday night.

Last year at the Ashtabula cruise in at Lake Shore Park I met Jay. Won’t use his last name though he is sort of a public figure because of his YouTube postings so he may read this and say Hey you could have supplied my full name. Anyway Jay approached me as I sat inside the Go-Go Bus. We had a lengthy conversation about vans, travel and what not. After that we connected via Facebook and kept in touch sporadically through comments on our posts.

Jay is originally from Brooklyn, NY then recently moved to Youngstown, Ohio. This spring Jay lands a job in Cleveland of all places. Since he is not familiar with Cleveland he asks if I could find him a place to stay.

What are the chances of meeting someone and for them to move close to where you live? OK maybe no big deal to you but what about this one.

Two weeks ago I was watching the show the Diggers. It’s about two guys with metal detectors that search historical sites. This episode they were looking for clues of where the famous fight of the Hatfield and McCoy’s took place.

The following day a man was sitting on the front porch of the house next to my rental. He had just moved in. I introduced myself and immediately knew he was not from around here. Joe was his name. He told me he was from WV close to the Kentucky boarder. He then proceeded to say he’s a direct descendant of the Hatfield’s. His great great grandfather was Devil Anse.

Joe googled the farm and showed me the layout. I told him I know some of these stories because of the TV show I watched last night. Joe gave me plenty of tips what to see if I ever travel down there.

OK did you enjoy that one, I mean what’s the chances of watching a TV show about a family then meeting a direct descendant?

Now that brings us to Sunday night at the Madison Walmart. I always park on the opposite and of the earth when at any store with the Go-Go Bus to avoid carts and people parking close to me.

So anyway as I was leaving a man with a floppy hat, flip flops and cargo shorts passes me smiling and says Hey I like you shirt! The saying on my shirt was GOD IS NOT FINISHED WITH ME YET. I say thank you and proceed out the door.

As I walk to the parking lot I can see someone has parked right next to me. Upset I say loudly OK what the heck are we having a party or what? The car was a banged up mid 70’s Fiat drop top and in the back seat hanging over the windshield was a surf board. Are we in Ohio?

I thought since he parked so close to me I am going to shove my postcard under his wiper. As I finished doing it a man yells while running towards me Hey that’s my car! When he gets up to me he says Is that your vehicle, I parked close to you on purpose because of my older car and I am the one who just said nice shirt to you. Yes I realize that.

Scott was his name. He is from Toledo and was on his way to Montauk, NY not only to do some surfing but also to meet with someone to raise money for his ministry of helping women in the Sudan.

He then started grilling me about the Bus. So I said here take a look at these, I wrote both of these books. Scott put them under his arm. I said those are for sale can’t give them to you. OH I know I want to buy them but I am short of cash so what about going to the gas station, I will use my card to put gas in your van and I get the books. So that is what we did.

Hey I will even take bananas in exchange for a book, payment is a payment, right?

So how was that story? Someone makes a comment to me in the store and it happens to be the person who parked next to me. But the most fascinating part is Scott wants me to set up for his ministry at the Mecum Car Auction in Harrisburg, Pa. this week.
Will I go? Maybe stay tuned!

Gotta Go-Go
Carey

No comments: