Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back to the river bank dump







Hey Gang,
Sending along a few photos of my recent finds.
I went back to that river bank dump with my nephew to find more treasures. Seth my nephew hit an excellent spot and found everything except the mini pitcher which I dug up. That little pitcher has the date Sept. 20, 1925 on the bottom.
He found 4 prefect milk bottles. They were Deans and Belle Vernon of Cleveland, Ohio. He also found a Double Eagle pop bottle much older than the one I found, this one has to date back to the early 30's. The one I found earlier I believe is from the 40's.
The neatest thing found Seth dug up also. It was a little porcelain, I think, doll. It is so small about 2 inches. Most of the hair was worn off, there was just a trace of black left on the top of the head. The arms and legs were missing. It has holes which I am sure was for string that held the arms and legs on. It has some numbers and Germany stamped on the back. Even with pieces missing it has to be worth something. And the date, I am guessing but it has to be pre 1900 easily.

In one photo is a rusted metal thing with a round knob on it. That is a radiator cap, from cars of long ago, pre 1920. I am going to soak it to see if there is any markings on it.
Just as I thought the more I dig the bottles are getting older.
Hope the photos are clear enough for you.
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey
http://www.gogobus.cc/

No comments: