Monday, June 16, 2008

Behind every dark cavity there is a silver filling.

Hey Gang,
Behind every dark cavity there is a silver filling.
OK maybe I don't quite have a silver filling yet but I
will get a filling of some sort soon.
I changed my west coast swing, as I call it, to
clean last week to Wednesday instead of the usual
Thursdays. For those who don't live around here I
live in the east suburbs of Cleveland and have a few
janitorial accounts in the far west suburbs of
Cleveland, there that explains that. It was a double
blessing day, one for me and the other for Jeff.
One of my accounts on the west side is a dentist
office that I've had since I just about started my
business. This dentist cleans and maintains my teeth
and I take care of his carpet. He told me good news
and bad news but I also got good news out of the bad
news. Follow that?
The first good news was my teeth and gums got a
clean bill of health. My dentist said "You aren't
listening to me, I told you to fall asleep with a
mouthful of candy, your teeth are to good. How can I
make any money off of you"?
But then the bad news. When I was a kid I had
chipped one of my front teeth. He didn't like how
that tooth looked so he X-rayed it. After all these
years the chipped tooth was abscessed and it needs a
root canal.
Now the good news about the bad news. The dentist
said "If you come in on my off day consider it a
anniversary gift for being in business so long".
FREE!!! WOW! He has no idea what a blessing this is
with my finances right now upside down. I would love
to tell you his name but he told me shhhh don't say
anything. He doesn't like accolades and I guess he
doesn't do this for just anyone.
Well dentist you know who you are thanks again and
again.
Now Jeff's news. He was stranded in Toledo, Ohio
which is west of Cleveland. He called and said can
you do me a favor and pick me up? Being already in
Westlake which is about 32 miles from my house I said
sure, I just happen to be working tonight on the west
side instead of Thursday.
You just can't plan things like this and.... most
people wouldn't write about stuff like this either.
But thats why you like me because I do, right?
So todays moral of the story is Behind every dark
cavity there is a silver filling, in other words -
don't fret things will work out. For me after the
hassles with my rental it is a welcome relief to be
given this unexpected blessing by my dentist.
You know.... I might as well go further with this
and include the truck stop we ate at with Jeff
before heading back home. The truck stop is called
ROADEEZ. It is right off of turnpike 80 exit RT. 280,
Millbury. This truck stop makes home cooked meals
unlike TA which has prepackaged ones.
Our waitress was Joanne an older lady who use to own
a restaurant in Ocala, Florida and did most of the
baking and cooking for it. She moved back to Ohio to
be closer to her 19 grandchildren. Its amazing what
people tell me. Joanne makes the pies for Roadeez.
I am not much of a desert eater but she said you have
to try the peanut butter pie I make. So I ordered it
and let me tell you, wow is it good. She said it has
cream cheese and peanut butter in it. If in the area
PLEASE STOP and order the peanut butter pie and bring
me back a piece.
Ok now I can end this story.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: