Friday, September 4, 2009

What are you doing this Labor Da

Hey Gang,
This Saturday my sister Cindi, Jeff M. and I will be in Mansfield, Ohio touring the Mansfield Reformatory. If I heard correctly we will be locked in from 7 pm to 5 am.
It should be a thrill. Besides the historical significance and the obvious spookiness of being in a old run down prison the place is supposedly very haunted. We're allowed to bring any device we want, tape and video recorders and ghost hunting
apparatuses of any kind.
The best part is:
You will be given a rules and regulations speech, followed by 1 ½ hour guided tour. After the tour, the lights will be turned off and your will be on your own until 5am.
OH MY!! This should be a real hoot!!!!
You may of seen this prison as many films were made here. The most famous movies were "Air Force One" and "The Shawshank Redemption". It also made the Travel Channel's "101 Things to Do Before You Die" & "Scariest Places on Earth"!
A few years back if you remember I spent a night in a haunted factory in Canton, Ohio. I had a chillingly fun time. I only knew one person on the tour so I did my own thing and wandered off alone. And yes I did pick up orbs and a weird image of a mans face in one photo and in another a skull on a brick wall. This was in a factory so who knows what tales or tails I will bring back this time in an old musty dudgeon like prison where brutality was common.
Click on this link to learn more: http://www.mrps.org/

We are leaving early for Mansfield to check out the area before our prison stay. I want to visit Kingswood Gardens. When I was a kid the folks took us on a day trip to Mansfield to see the place. I thought since we will be there why not for memories sake see it again. I was surprised to find Kingswood is still open and the self guided tours are still free!! BUT check out their home page for a real sign of the times:
http://www.kingwoodcenter.org/visit_hours.html.
This recession, mini depression is no joke? Its affecting everyone and everything. Hopefully it will survive.

Another place in Mansfield the parents brought us was a park that supposedly Johnny Appleseed visited. He lived in the area at one time and planting his famous apple seeds. I couldn't find anything on line about this park so it will be interesting to see if I can find it.
Sunday if we are back in time I will join my other sister and the family at her cookout. And then on Monday will end the long weekend at the Great Geauga Fair. It is the oldest fair in Ohio.
Here is the link for that: http://www.geaugafair.com/

In all it should be a fun and exciting weekend, from flowers, apple seeds and prison. Sounds very patriotic don't it?

Gotta GoGo!
Carey

No comments: