Saturday, March 15, 2014

Where's Carey now?

Hey Gang
Well I embarked on short 3 day trip with Walt & Jimmy to Dayton for a dance recital and museums. I wasn't feeling the best so wasn't to keen on going but doping myself up with loads of green tea, vitamin C, hot foods and Nyquil had me feeling just a bit short of OK. So I packed and we left Friday at 6pm, and yes I was ready, zero wait time for Walt & Jimmy.
The ride down was uneventful. We stoped somewhere in Ashalnd at a place called Der Dutchman. Corporate Amish food, but it was good.
Our rooms are nice but I had something extra they didn't. Ants. I left the shot glass of Nyquil on the desk where the ants were and now they are gone. Besides the flu bug does it chase away ants also?
2 in a row for Carey! I woke on time for once for breakfast, 9:30. It was amazing seeing I didn't sleep sound.  The room above me either has a dance troupe staying there or someone with elephant feet - BAM BAM BAM. 

Then we were off to Wright Patterson Airforce museum at 10. Even if you don't like flying or planes it is a must see. A very impressive display of planes, all the wars since the advent of the plane and other artifacts.
We took a lunch break in the cafe in the museum.  I was telling Walt I haven't been here since about 20 years ago. The next table over an elderly volunteer sat down. I had to ask him how long has he worked here since I was wondering how much it has changed the last time I was here 20 years ago. His name was Bob and he replied 20 years.    Nice!  The answer I got was yes it has changed a lot, much has been added.
Bob served in Vietnam during the French Indochina friction and was trying to stop Vietnam from happening.
Before I got started on a long conversation Walt cut it short and said lets go. I thanked Bob for his service and left.
On to Yellow springs and Clifton Gorge. I have been there twice before but I had to show Walt & Jimmy. They were impressed.

I will leave this part out, buy my book to find out.

From our short hike onto to dinner at the Clifton Mill.  I wasn't hungry so skipped the meal but enjoyed just sitting relaxing.  Then to the opera house.  Our waitress told us they play nothing but old people music.  Who cares.  I wasn't sure if we would even stay I wanted to look inside the opera house because each time I was in the village it was closed.  Luck had it where it was open.

Stay tuned for whats inside the opera house.

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

ps:  fis my spelling errors, i need sleep, waking early again.

3 comments:

David Macko said...

When do you plan to go back to the Air Force Museum for five or six days to see the rest of it?

For life and liberty,
David Macko

David Macko said...

When do you plan to go back to the Air Force Museum for five or six days to see the rest of it?

For life and liberty,
David Macko

Carey K. Masci said...

And I agree, we rushed through it, near the end we tired and skipped a lot. You need at least 2 days to really enjoy it.