Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Monday was an exciting day.


Hey Gang,
Monday was an exciting day. I spoke with Chris Lambert and he wants to interview me about the book I wrote. Rich is the one who encouraged me to contact Chris who has written 8 novels and numerous articles for Scene Magazine and the News Herald.


Chris loved the flow of “Hey Gang! Ready to Go-Go?”, the ease of reading and how I set up the stories. What initially caught his attention was the story of “Beaver Creek, Buttermilk Falls and Fish”. Chris has a brother who lives in Beaver Creek so he is anxious to buy a copy for him.

Chris's co-host is Euclid's former Mayor Dave Lynch. So that should be a neat re-connection as I know Dave from his running for state rep and I spoke with him about issues I was having with Euclid and his brother is State Rep. Matt Lynch who I know.

I am not sure of the details yet as to the time and date of the radio broadcast but will let you know.

Later on in the day I was just entering a clothes store in Westlake when newscaster Leon Bibb was exiting. I extended my hand and said my favorite announcer. Leon has a voice that is made for a late night FM jazz show. He shook my hand and said thank you. 


As I was in the store I got to thinking HEY thats Leon Bibb, I got to get him a book. So I ran outside. Leon didn't leave yet, he was just sitting in his car with it running. I knocked on the window, he rolled it half down with a look that said I am tired and its been a LONG day what? He said Yes. I said I just wrote a book I would love to give you a copy. He said OK. I ran to the van, grabbed a book and told Leon, the first time I met you was way back in '04 for a Bush rally held at Lake Farm Parks in Kirtland. I apologized for not signing it because both of us were business. He gladly accepted it and thanked me for the book.

So it is exciting to see what becomes of that meeting. Who knows where it may lead.

Then later on I went to China town and bought soup. The brand is Daily and written on it is MADE WITH JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY. I had to buy it. Its probably made out of space age eatable plastic noodles that stay undigested for a week and makes you feel bloated and filled. If all thats true at least I will save money on food. Or maybe it has a micro-tracking chip that subliminally tells me to go buy a Toyota.


Gotta Go-Go,
Carey

No comments: