Thursday, May 14, 2015

Have you ever had one of those day?

Hey Gang
Have you ever had one of those day? I did last night.

The day started fine working the Wickliffe antique co-op until 6:30. The plans afterwards was supper then head to Cleveland for work. The first thing to go wrong was I came down with a headache so a nap was in order that made us late, then I forgot the phone number to a van I am interested in buying which was followed by us forgetting the front door code of the building we were scheduled to clean. Good thing someone was entering the underground garage so I was able to zoom ahead of him to get in.

The jobs scheduled were a condo and the main office. The condo had a leak from the ceiling obviously coming from the condo above it. Then the patio door that I had unlocked broke, no matter how I tried it would not lock back up. We completed the condo cleaning and proceeded to load the elevator with our equipment.

I went up first to the 9th floor to unlock the office door when I realized I forgot the key. Back down to my van to search for the key. It was futile, I remember leaving it in my car at home. I go back to the 5th floor to inform Ruth – whoops I forgot the key.

I lock up the condo while Ruth finished loading the elevator. I  grab the remaining bucket, and join Ruth in waiting for the elevator to open. It didn't. Tried again and again nothing.

So I go down to the second floor and knock on the landlords door. Good thing he was awake. I explain the elevator isn't working. He tried the buttons and nothing for him either. He said follow me we will walk the steps and see if the elevator is stopped on a floor. Nope, floor after floor no luck, the elevator broke. All our equipment and Ruth's wallet were stuck in the elevator. but there was nothing he could do at 1 am.


 I get home, get undressed, turn on the TV and let out a big OH NO, I forgot the food. My sister called twice while in the condo to remind me don't forget to stop by, I have pie and a few other things for you that I will leave on the porch. Oh well, I hope the cats don't get it.

So have you ever had one of those days? Or nights?
Gotta Go-Go! Carey

No comments: