Saturday, November 28, 2015

Two Quick Ones - The Browns and Sugarcreek

Hey Gang,
Two quick ones for you.
Look for the Browns to win big on Monday night. Josh McCown will want to extract revenge and prove he is a worthy starting quarterback. He knows that his career is winding down so he will put up big numbers.   

Besides that reason yours truly will be attending his first Browns game at First Energy Stadium this coming Monday night, just writing first makes me laugh when talking about the Browns.  So how could the Browns lose with me in attendance.

The seat I have is top notch and I didn't even have to pull teeth for it. The person I will be attending the game with did. His father was the team dentist for the old Cleveland Barons and the Browns and my client/friend still has some ties with the Browns.

I love these little connections in my life that just make me go hummina hummina and smile wide. Just last week I came upon something that I shouldn't even be writing or talking about. But it does have a connection with the Browns. So when the ticket was offered on the heals of this find I said most certainly I will go. And that's all on this topic. I will report back in after the record setting performance of Josh.

Now..... onto Holmes County.
Thank you Ruth, Donovan, Jamie, Janet, Malinda, Paul and Stephanie for the fun group outing. I always love group adventures. The laughs, camaraderie, being able to share in what you are experiencing is just great.

We traveled 77 S to 39 W into Sugarcreek our first stop. I took a wrong road but luckily it dead ended into a large sign that said Welcome to Sugarcreek. I just played it off as if I planned on going down this road just for a group photo. It worked but since they read this they will know it was a whoops moment.Oh well.


Progress is invading Amishland but it is still scenic with lots of small unique shops to visit. Sugarcreek now has the worlds largest cuckoo clock. It once was at Alpine Alpha restaurant in Wilmot that closed. Besides the largest cuckoo clock Sugarcreek has some really fun stores.

I was excited because two of those stores purchased my book and are now carrying it. Big Mike's Finders Keepers and Freeman and Rhoda's store the Gospel Shop.

You just have to visit Finders Keepers. The sign in the window says weirdtiques and what not shop, how true. What I really really enjoyed about Finders Keepers is the owners personality. A lot of collectible stores have people working who are kind of stodgy watching over you. Not Big Mike, he was so pleasant talking to customers reminiscing having fun. What else impressed me was the condition of his antiques and collectibles. Most were in such good condition they seemed new. Impressive.

The other place my book Hey Gang! Ready to Go-Go? is being carried is the Gospel Shop. This description is taken from their website: There are many things to find at The Gospel Shop. It is not a place that only sells books, but all kinds of inspirational products. There is a room located at the front of the shop that houses Christmas decor and festive items to help customers celebrate the holiday season. Throughout the rest of the store, a variety of faith-based and inspirational merchandise can be found. Clothing, purses, cards, Bibles, music, as well as a section dedicated to children are all part of the welcoming atmosphere at the shop. And if you can’t find what you are looking for on the shelves, they will gladly look into getting it for you..

So if ever in Sugarcreek go visit Big Mike at Finders Keepers and Rhoda at the Gospel Shop, tell them I sent you
Gotta Go-Go!
Carey

No comments: